Friday, August 11, 2023

Friday Favorites

It's Friday and I cannot believe it's already the second Friday in August! You guys! Can you even believe that we are already in the eighth month of this year, the "ber" months are right around the corner and I honestly can't believe how quickly this year is flying by! 

I thought time flew when I was a single gal... and honestly, time seemed to slow down when I was planning my wedding and eagerly waiting to be a wife... but now that Ryan and I are married, time seems like it absolutely flies! 


The weather this week got a little wild - in the nine years I've been living in Virginia, we've been under a tornado watch maybe twice (such a change from once a week from March to November when I lived in Mississippi) - and Tuesday was one of those days! I think the weather could have gotten much worse than it did, but when the storms finally arrived around 3:45, the skies darkened and the wind whipped like dervish! However, the storms passed through quickly and there was a stunning rainbow on display once the storms passed - you gotta love a promise from the Creator of the Universe. 

My ladies group met on Wednesday night and it was a wonderful time - as usual! I have been so blessed to have these ladies as a part of my life for the last.. six or seven years now - goodness! Tammy had the funniest napkins; so I couldn't resist snapping a picture of them.. or the really tasty dinner she cooked: you gotta love a big ol' salad, lasagna and garlic bread! What a joy to have such wonderful, Godly women around me and to teach me - being the baby of the group is such a gift - because their wisdom is a gift. 


It's bunny season and the little creatures are everywhere! Every single time I step foot outside in the morning - there is a bunny, nibbling away at some bright green breakfast! When we take walks in the evening - there are the bunnies, munching on dinner! They are so cute and I wish I could just scoop them up and have a whole family of them. However - they aren't so keen on me and hop away quickly!


We have a big weekend planned this weekend and I'm looking forward to it so much! We'll be having a pretty low key night tonight, but tomorrow morning we are heading to Maryland to go to Six Flag America and Hurricane Harbor! The weather is looking like a pretty toasty August day - so we will likely be spending most of our day at Hurricane Harbor, enjoying all the water rides. It has been a million years since I've been to a Six Flags and even longer (hehehe) since I've been to a water park! I can't wait to float around in the water and enjoy the day! 


When we have rode all the water rides - we are heading to Fredericksburg to spend the night with some friends and then spend our Sunday in the area! I am super excited to meet our friend's precious new baby - she has the best hair I've ever seen and it's been so long since I've snuggled a little one! We are going to attend church at one of the places Ryan attended while at Teen Challenge and we will catch up with some of his friends! 

*********************************************************

As you can see - we've got quite the weekend planned! I am looking forward to making some memories and enjoying a weekend of fun and friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment