Monday, July 31, 2023

It's Me Again

It's me again - back after yet another week (or more) of no posting! I suppose I earn the "bad blogger" award; if such a thing exists. Life has been both exciting and not very exciting the last few weeks and so I haven't really had a lot to share! 

I will wind it back to LAST Friday because I am proud to share that my work to convert Ryan to a person who loves Mexican food may actually be nearing completion! He actually chose to go to a Mexican restaurant after our first choice didn't quite pan out - and my Mexican-food loving heart was beyond thrilled! It's the giant burritos that reeled him in! He can't resist a steak and chicken burrito! 

 

On a completely different tangent - my sweet in-laws surprised my parents by making the trip from Florida to Mississippi to see my Dad's labor of love project: The East Mississippi Veteran's Foundation Memorial Park! I knew they were planning this little trip and I was so excited that it came off without a hitch and they were able to surprise them! The project is really coming along so amazingly and I can't wait to get a chance to see how far it's come!


Ryan and I (inspired by the study my ladies group is doing) are really trying to make it a priority to really make Sunday a "restful" day - truly a Sabbath day, like it's supposed to be. We traditionally spend our Sunday afternoons doing laundry, getting the house put together and just rushing around to prepare for the work week ahead - and honestly, it leaves me (us) feeling more tired as the week starts! And that's not how a Sunday is meant to be! 


 

So we really have made a concerted effort the last two weeks to make our Sundays much more "restful". Last weekend we went to the pool after lunch and spent about three hours just doing a bunch of nothing by the pool: reading, listening to music, swimming around and chatting. It was much more restful than running around doing things! We had an amazing dinner and just relaxed on Sunday evening - and I truly felt more rested on Monday! 


This last weekend wasn't too full - but it kicked off early on Friday because we got off work at 3:00! Granted, that has been happening pretty frequently lately, but it's still always nice when it happens! I joined my co-workers to see the Barbie movie (A-) and enjoyed a Malibu Barbie with my popcorn! I thought the movie was really funny and while portions were a little silly, overall the movie was such a fun watch and made some excellent points - and don't even get me started on America Ferreira's monologue - it was powerful!

The rest of Friday ended up being really chill - the weather got a little wild on Friday evening and so Ryan and I decided our best bet was to grab a pizza, stay home and just chill! And we did just that! Saturday morning we headed to Woodstock to do some work to get the house ready to be sold - and man, the storm damage was pretty incredible! 

 


 

We were so surprised by the storm damage but thankful our townhouse still looked great - and we also had power! Several places in the area were without power and so we considered ourselves pretty lucky to have electricity to sand and spackle and move the final things out of the house! We will have to spend this upcoming weekend painting the interior - but thankfully, once that's done and the yard is all cleaned up, we will be ready to have it cleaned and get it on the market! *Whoosh* We relaxed Saturday evening - Ryan grilled some amazing burgers and we watched a movie together!




The sunset on Saturday night was pretty spectacular (I stole all these pictures from my husband - his phone's camera is superior to mine) and I couldn't resist sharing some of the pictures! Sunday was a pretty chill day - trying to do that whole Sabbath thing right, you know? After church service online, Ryan ran some errands and we headed to the Alamo to see Oppenheimer. 

That was a LONG movie y'all - I don't think I realized it was three hours long! It was a good movie but man, the last forty-five minutes did seem to drag a bit! We rounded out our weekend with some Panda Express and just chilling, watching a little TV and getting to bed early! 

Can anyone else believe that July ends today? June was a LONG month for us - but July has seemed to fly by and I cannot believe August starts tomorrow! Which also means there are only five months left in this year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment