Friday, January 27, 2023

The Friday Five

Goodness guys - it has been a minute, hasn't it? The last few weeks have been a little chaotic, a little sad, a little happy and all in all - just a lot to take in! This new year has certainly started off with some memorable moments and so I just wanted to play a little bit of catch-up here on Friday! 


One. Remembering Watson - Ryan and I spent last Saturday (can't believe this was last week already) remembering our little pup! We'd hoped that the weather was going to be a little better - the forecast called for sunshine and a high of 48 but when Saturday dawned, it was cloudy and 44! So we bundled up and made the best of it!



We started our day at Bear Dens, a hike near Bluemont, Virginia - about a 25 minute drive from my parents. The 1.7 mile loop hike has an amazing rock outcrop with stunning views of the Shenandoah Valley and Watson loved this hike! We encountered so many pups on this hike (with their humans, of course) and we scattered some of Watson's ashes from the actual "bears den" outlook. 



After eating lunch in the car, we headed to the Burwell Morgan Mill in Millwood - another quaint location near my parent's house! We have had many a picnic along the banks of the stream here, that flows into a large river. The mill is from the 1700's and has a gorgeous lawn behind it that was a favorite spot for Watson to ramble and roam!




Our final stop was Watson's favorite place - the Virginia State Arboretum! He wasn't ever able to make the three mile loop walk but on Saturday, we took his ashes all the way around the loop and scattered some of his ashes all around the three mile loop. Even with the weather not turning out quite so perfect - we had a great day remembering our fuzzy little fur baby!

Two. A Bedroom Refresh - The start of the New Year had me wanting to do a little bedroom refresh for Ryan and I's room and I wanted to get something to add a little color! We've had an all white comforter since before we got married (it was mine before we got married) with navy, yellow and aqua accents and I just wanted a little more.


January is the perfect month to buy bedding because everything is on major sale in January - and I found this adorable reversible comforter from Wayfair that was on sale for less than $50! It was exactly what I was in the market for, it arrived in record time and we are loving it so far - and no - that's not our bedroom, ha-ha! 

Three. Flowers from My Husband - In the midst of all the chaos and emotional upheaval that has come with the first few weeks of this year, I can attest to the fact that I've been a weepy delight to be around. Ha! And yet, with all my crazy emotions, my sweet husband brought me home flowers after work one day - out of the blue!



It might not have been an out of the blue decision for him - he brought them home to me the day after we made the difficult decision to have Watson put to sleep. I'm certain there was quite a bit of thought behind it for him and they absolutely made my day!

Four. My Wedding Dress - We chose to have my wedding dress preserved after our wedding and it arrived last week and I could not be more thrilled with it! It was stunning to begin with and it's packaged in the most beautiful way - it will be a keepsake to treasure for years to come!


And since it has a 100-year guarantee, I guess I will be treasuring it for the rest of my life and the lives of my children and grandchildren too, ha-ha! 

Five. In Loving Memory - When all was said and done, we chose to have Watson cremated and I picked up his ashes last Friday after work. I have to say - I was so unbelievably impressed with the care and kindness that was shown to our pup!


Not only were we given some of his fur to have as a keepsake, his ashes were packaged in the most stunning wooden box that we will be able to keep for a lifetime and then some! It's so touching to discover that other people are willing to love and care for your pet, even after it's life has ended!

***************************************************

Can we believe it's almost February? Usually January seems to drag on - but this year, it has absolutely flown and now here we are, staring down the barrel of February! Amazing! Y'all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way to remember Watson and I was very impressed with everything they did for him. I also love your wedding dress and how wonderfully it has been preserved!

    ReplyDelete