Monday, January 30, 2023

January is Zooming By!

Let's try to get back on track now that January is almost at an end! I usually bemoan January because it lasts for what seems like three months instead of just one - but this year, it has felt like January absolutely flew by! I cannot believe that we are a day away from February! The final weekend of January passed much too quickly for me - but then, weekends are always fast!

 

Friday morning I was surprised by a package in our mailbox and y'all - it was the most beautiful thank you gift from our wedding photographer! These are some of my favorite pictures from our wedding and now we have this beautiful keepsake! What a thoughtful and beautiful gift - I know we will treasure it forever! 

Friday night was pretty chill - we had pizza, watched some TV and ended up going to bed at a pretty early hour for a Friday night. We are just an old married couple and honestly - I love it.

Saturday we headed into DC for the day and headed to the Washington Auto Show - because if there is one thing my husband loves (besides me) - its cars! I have heard about the Washington Auto Show but I've never experienced it before this year. I honestly couldn't tell you very much about cars but my husband knows it all! He is incredibly knowledgeable where cars are concerned and he has a very mechanical mind that can look under the hood of a car and see magic, where I just see a mystery!





One portion of the Auto Show featured cars that had been hand-painted by local DC artists and I have to confess that I probably thought they were the neatest part of the show. I did enjoy hopping into the driver's seat of several new, very shiny models and imagining what car I might have in the future.






They had models to peruse from Toyota, Dodge, Chevrolet, Jeep, Subaru, Volvo, Kia, Honda and more... I decided pretty quickly that I was a fan of the Toyota models and that really didn't change after looking at everything. I also noted that I don't want to become a mini-van Mom one day - I think I'd prefer to stick with an SUV... although Toyota did have a mini-van with reclining captain's chairs in the middle row - and that was pretty cool. Yikes - who knows what the future holds?




After spending a nice chunk of the day perusing all the cars (and trucks... and SUVs... and EVs...) we headed back out of the big city and stopped in Chantilly on the way to my parent's to grab dessert for the evening: Crumbl Cookies! My hubby also grabbed me a Nightingale Ice Cream Sandwich to snack on in the car as we made the drive back to the countryside - what a sweetie!

 

We had burgers at my parent's house on Saturday night and visited with them some - we had our Crumble Cookies for dessert and I have to say that; for me, the jury is still out. The lemon cupcake cookie was amazing and the chocolate chip was also pretty tasty, but I wasn't so fond of the Fruity Pebbles or the French Silk Pie. Perhaps they're an acquired taste?

Sunday was a rainy day - we headed to church and then went to lunch with my Dad at Texas Roadhouse and then spent the afternoon and evening watching the AFC and NFC championship games. I made two loaves of banana bread and made Pasta Fagioli soup for dinner. All too soon the weekend was wrapping up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment