Sunday, January 8, 2023

Everything I Read in 2022

I can't believe we are in the second week of January! I wanted to do something a little new this year and share the books I read throughout the last year! And I'll also be sharing my top five favorites of the bunch below my list!

I read constantly growing up but would you believe that becoming an adult and getting married has caused my reading time to go down? I know - what a shock! One can only imagine how my reading habits will change if Ryan and I are blessed with children...

I set a goal for myself to read twenty-five books - so feel free to read on and see if I met my goal!

January:

The Holiday Swap by Maggie Knox

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn

The Collective by Alison Gaylin

Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins-Reid

Everything We Didn't Say by Nicole Baart

February:

Reckless Girls by Rachel Hawkins

The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn

The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks

March:

Anatomy: A Love Story by Dana Schwartz

The Book of Cold Cases by Simone St. James

April:

The Paris Apartment by Lucy Foley

An Offer from A Gentleman by Julia Quinn

May:

The Palace Papers: Inside the House of Windsor by Tina Brown (the longest book at 849 pages)

June:

The Hacienda by Isabel Canas

Unveiled: Tamar (Lineage of Grace) by Francine Rivers

Unashamed: Rahab (Lineage of Grace) by Francine Rivers

Unshaken: Ruth (Lineage of Grace) by Francine Rivers

Unspoken: Bathsheba (Lineage of Grace) by Francine Rivers

July:

Unafraid: Mary (Lineage of Grace) by Francine Rivers

Hide by Kiersten White

Romancing Mr. Bridgerton by Julia Quinn

Everything Sad is Untrue by Daniel Nayeri

You're Invited by Amanda Jayatissa

August:

The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate Morton

September:

Other Birds by Sarah Addison Allen

The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

October:

Daisy Darker by Alice Feeney

Hester by Laurie Lico Albanese

November:

*can y'all tell I got married this month?*

December:

The Greatest Gift: A Christmas Tale by Philip Van Doren Stern (the shortest at 64 pages)

Waypoints: My Scottish Journey by Sam Heughan


******************************************************

I read thirty books this year, so I did meet my goal! I have really enjoyed using both Good Read and Story Graph (see the graphs above) to track my reading - they are both really useful and just fun apps to have on your phone!

My Top Five Books were:

Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid 

The Golden Couple by Greer Hendricks

The Palace Papers by Tina Brown

The Clockmaker's Daughter by Kate Morton

The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

And I do believe that the Poisonwood Bible was my favorite read of the year! This makes me laugh to see this because three of my favorites were also the three longest books I read - The Palace Papers, The Clockmaker's Daughter and The Poisonwood Bible are all over 400 pages! 

I've set a little more ambitious goal for 2023 (35) so I suppose I'd better get to reading some books!

**************************************************

Did you read any of these books in 2022? Any recommendations you'd like to share?

1 comment:

  1. I read a lot of those same books! Imagine that! 50 for me last year so I'll see if I can pass that this year.

    ReplyDelete