Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Peace to Confidence - Word of the Year

I looked back at my word for last year - and I also noted I didn't post about it until January 22nd - so it would seem I'm a bit ahead of schedule (so to speak) for this year! I only started doing a Word of the Year (with any sort of commitment) back in 2021, so this is just my third year looking to be intentional about a Word that will be a focus in the year to come.

My word for 2022 was Peace - and I think it was the perfect word for my 2022. I went through quite a few life changes as the year progressed and through it all, I certainly had a sense of peace! I think a place where that peace was most evident was on my wedding day - I had numerous people tell me I seemed so calm; not worried about a thing, and I truly wasn't. I felt such a sense of peace about the whole day and I hope (think) it was reflected in the whole day. It was a joyous, peaceful, happy day.


On January 1st, I spent some time during my morning devotional on Dayspring.com and I decided this year to take their test about nailing down a Word of the Year and the word I was given was: Confidence.

I'll admit when I first saw this, I was a little confused but after some prayer and thought - it actually seems like a word that will very much be something to focus on in 2023. The definition of confidence was worth a look; I find that sometimes words don't always mean exactly what we think in our mind.

Confidence: the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something; firm trust.


This year has begun with so many life changes - I'm a wife, I've been promoted at my job and I'm in a mentor group with church; actively growing in my walk with the Lord. I'll admit - I definitely need confidence in all these areas! 

I need to learn to have confidence in my place as a wife, in my place in my job as I learn new things and in my faith, my walk with the Lord and confidence in His promises for me. I hope that the end of 2023 will see me gaining a confidence in myself and growing in the roles the Lord has placed me in for this time.

So - to recap - in 2021 my word was Progression (my life absolutely progressed in 2021) and my word for 2022 was Peace. This year I will prayerfully move forward with growing in confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment