Sunday, October 31, 2021

Life Lately - October

Well here we are - two months and one day left on the year 2021. Can y'all believe it? *sigh*


Eating - October was such a roller coaster where food is concerned and that's probably why there are very few pictures. It started with my birthday week which was filled with amazing food: my precious fiancé cooked some favorites of mine for my birthday dinner and my parents arranged for me to have a Milk Bar Birthday Cake! And then my wonderful fiancé surprised me with a party and there were hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, macaroni & cheese, baked beans, salad and a whole ton of other things. And of course - more cake!


I decided after my birthday to try Keto and that was a long and painful week and an experiment that ended after seven days. I may or may not have cried in a Lidl in Fredericksburg - but oh well. I tried out a new Mexican restaurant with my ladies group and had a divine Enchilada Trio.. and yet again - my amazing fiancé brought me a Cinnamon Bun Iced Latte with Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream. *smiles*

Watching - So much NFL football y'all! I guess that's what happens when you suddenly have a man in your life who absolutely loves all things football and especially NFL football. I have watched bits and pieces of multiple games each week since the season began... and will continue to all season long.


We have created a weekly competition where we list each week's games and choose who we think will win the games. The winner will get dinner out at the end of the NFL season. So far - I am not winning but I did tie week two because I knew the name of the Brown's mascot. It's Brownie the Elf y'all! 

Wearing - Was this just an excuse to post another engagement picture? Maybe! However, I got so many compliments on the dress I was wearing in the pictures and so I wanted to share where I found it! I had a vision in my head of what I wanted to wear and when I stumbled on this dress - I knew it was the one!


It came from a website called Baltic Born - the dresses on this site are beautiful and I believe the company is out of Canada. This dress was perfect for my engagement pictures and I look forward to wearing it again - although it is a wee bit long, so I'll need some taller shoes to pull it off without tripping, ha-ha! 

Bought - The one good thing to come from my week of failed Keto was something called Keto Chow. It's a shake powder that has protein and nutrients in it and if you're using the mix while doing Keto, you mix the powder with water and a fat (oil/cream/butter). However - I have resorted back to Weight Watchers and so I mix the powder with almond milk.


The shakes are thick, have an amazing flavor and keep me full for most of the morning - I usually have some fruit around eleven but I don't find myself hungry. It also makes for an easy three point breakfast on Weight Watchers, so I consider that a win!

Want - I honestly don't have too many wants right now. It's a lovely feeling. I want to be able to enjoy the last two months of this year, spend time with family and friends and just continue to create memories. I want to find gifts for people for Christmas that they will love and cherish. So I guess I have a few wants... but not anything too crazy.

Reading - I am reading Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers! I know my Mom has long loved this book and seeing that it has been made into a movie, I decided I'd better get to reading it if I was going to be ready to see the film in early 2022. I still have so many other books to read y'all - my list is so long! I guess that's one good thing to have in life - a list of books waiting to be read!


********************************************************************

And just like that - it's the last day of October. What in the world?!? I can't believe how fast this year has flown by!

No comments:

Post a Comment