Monday, October 4, 2021

October has Arrived!

The first weekend of October has come and gone - I swear that I think the weekends pass faster and faster... well, not just the weekends but time in general. Maybe that's just a part of growing older but I will be wrapping my head around how quickly this year has passed... well, while it's still passing! 

 

Friday was a long day at the office... I get the feeling that the next few months will prove to be filled with rather long work days. Once the work day ended, I headed home and looked through all my awesome Noonday jewelry, painted a second coat on my nails and just enjoyed sitting on the couch watching one of the Fast & Furious movies (there are too many... I don't know which one...) with Ryan.

We headed over to our couple's Bible study group shortly before 7:00 and spent the next few hours eating chili, chatting with new friends, discussing communication skills with our spouses (or soon to be spouses) and playing with Lincoln the puppy dog! 


Saturday morning was sunny and much more toasty than I'd thought it would - perhaps a weekend of Indian Summer? We walked around the neighborhood and I devoured the breakfast of champions - a caramel apple - which I feel like I've been missing out on that deliciousness. *shrugs* Then it was off to pick up our new car! Yahoo! That's right - you read that correctly - we picked up our new car! It's a 2003 Subaru Outback and we are in love with it! It's in great condition, has some seriously amazing trunk space and we named it.... Stormbreaker! 

 



After a grocery run and a quick lunch at the house, we headed to the Trails at the MSV (Museum of the Shenandoah Valley) and hiked/walked/explored all around the area. Again - it was a lot warmer than I thought it would be but we still had a great time exploring the area and just having conversation with one another. Watson also thoroughly enjoyed himself, sniffing and scratching and investigating all the things. 

 





My sweet fiancé ended up washing not just our new car but also our other car - because he said what kind of man would he be if he washed his car but not mine? *sigh* What a sweetheart. I sat in a chair in the garage and sang along to the music he was playing and chattered at him while he washed the cars. After that was finished, we had an awesome dinner of grilled pork ribs, grilled asparagus and curly fries - it was so divine! We finished out the night watching Venom - which was actually pretty good; I really enjoyed it!

 


Sunday was church and then home to have lunch and just enjoy the afternoon. Ryan went through old service records for his car and I ended up falling asleep on the couch like a bum. My friend Jennie came over for coffee and we caught up before I whipped up some Beef Stew from a Kelly Minter cookbook that was hanging out on the counter. I didn't love it as much as Ryan did - but all in all it was fine.


I rounded out the evening sitting on the couch reading while Ryan watched football - or as they were calling it on Sunday Night Football: The Return - because Tom Brady returned to New England as the quarterback of another team. It was apparently a really big deal... they even had random clips of Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck set to the song "Hello" by Adele - which completely broke me. I couldn't contain my laughter over how insanely dramatic it was... 

Any how - that's all she wrote for this fine Monday in early October. 

No comments:

Post a Comment