Friday, October 15, 2021

Five on Friday

Holy cow - is it already Friday again? This week has blazed past with work being extra busy due to some transitions taking place within the company I work for... and Ryan has been working nights this week and somehow that also makes things seem like they have passed in a blur! Another wonderful Autumn weekend is about to unfold and I can't wait!
 

One. License to Thrill -  My fiancĂ© has his VA driver's license as of Wednesday and we have been celebrating! Ryan's story is his to tell and so maybe I'll have him share that on the blog one day but suffice it to say, Ryan having his license has been something we've been counting down to and we are absolutely thrilled that he's now licensed again. He has been loving being able to cruise wherever he needs to all over town in the last 48 hours. 


I'm completely happy for him but I must admit - I will miss our chats when I would take him to work in the early mornings. *sigh*

Two. Flowers Galore - Wedding planning is cruising right along and one decision we made just a bit ago was to get flowers from Ling's Moment - and yes, they are "fake" flowers but I really feel you'd never know it! The boxes began arriving this week and honestly, they are quite beautiful and I can't wait to see them in place at the wedding. The colors from the Terracotta line are pretty much perfectly in line with what I was envisioning for flower colors - so these should work perfectly!


 

My Mom and I reached out to several florists in the area but quite a lot of them were not interested in delivering to Luray (which seems ridiculous - but that's another conversation) or the prices were mind-boggling. We also looked into wooden or silk flowers and we were extremely impressed by the samples Ling's Moment sent us - so that's the direction we went in!

Three. Chia Yoda - My friends at work (I work with some of my best friends, it's great) always spoil me where birthday gifts are concerned and this year was no different. I think I shared some of the gifts last week but this one somehow missed the cut... I got a Baby Yoda Chia Pet and it has been a source of so much amusement all week long at work!


I started it's growing process on Monday and I've been surprised at how quickly the little guy has sprouted! He looks a little freaky in the above picture but I was amazed when I got to work this morning, because he already has some green sprigs popping up all around him! Who knows what he'll look like on Monday morning?

Four. Fredericksburg Bound - Ryan and I are bound for Fredericksburg for a quick little 36 hour trip and we will be celebrating Freedom Night at Adult & Teen Challenge North Central Virginia. This will be my first time experiencing a Freedom Night celebration and I'm looking forward to it. They are celebrating alumni at tonight's event and I know Ryan is looking forward to seeing so many of his friends.


We are also taking Watson with us for the 36 hour adventure and I'm praying he'll do well on the journey. It's only about a 90-minute drive and he loves car rides... I am mostly hoping that he'll be good to go in the pet-friendly hotel room we've booked for the night. I am so looking forward to the weekend!

Five. Keto Things - I've decided to try the Keto lifestyle for a little while and see how well it works for me - this is mostly motivated by our upcoming engagement pictures (they're being taken next weekend) and the desire to lose a couple pounds quickly! I'm not a huge meat eater and the vegetables that are allowed on Keto aren't necessarily my favorite but I'm giving it my best shot.


It's been an interesting week and I haven't weighed myself yet because everything I read says it can take 5-7 days for your body to enter ketosis and the weight to start coming off. I have been enjoying the dancing avocado that celebrates me at the end of each day. 

************************************************************

The third weekend of October is here and it looks to be another good one! The weather looks like it's going to finally shift toward Autumn temperatures and I just can't wait for the next few months and the memories to be made!

No comments:

Post a Comment