Monday, October 25, 2021

It's Been A Whirlwind

So far y'all - October has been a little bit of a whirlwind. I feel like the last few weeks have absolutely flown by and part of that is probably because work has been absolutely wild! I get to work on something at 9:30 and the next time I look up it's after 3:00 and I'm astonished at where the time has gone! I never got around to writing my Five on Friday post last week - so I just figured I'd do a big old photo dump here on this Monday! 

 

The weather took a turn toward Autumn this last week with temperatures sitting in the upper 60's and chilling down to the mid 40's in the evenings. I ended up sitting on the stoop with Watson on Monday while we waited for Ryan to get home... we spotted and watch a giant praying mantis climb up and over the leaves of the plant and along the side of the house... 


I honestly don't remember much of Tuesday but Wednesday after church I joined my ladies group at a new Mexican restaurant in the area for dinner and the Enchilada Trio I had was absolutely delicious! Thursday morning Ryan and I had a chance to have coffee together and sip from our Handsome Devil & Wicked Witch mugs... they tickle me so much and also make me smile. 



Friday - after working an overnight shift - I got a lunch time surprise when Ryan walked in the door with lunch for everyone at the office and especially for me, a Cinnamon Bun Latte with Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream! When I tell y'all that he is the BEST man and is 1000% a keeper - I am not exaggerating at all - he is just the most wonderful man. That latte was pretty wonderful too! Ha-ha! 

Friday night we were supposed to have our couples group from church but they had to cancel last minute due to a health issue with their son, so we ended up making sandwiches and watching Kingsmen: The Golden Circle for our Friday night. We cleaned the house on Saturday morning before I headed to the salon to get my hair touched up and Ryan crawled back in bed to take a nap (those overnight shifts though...)


My parents returned home after a month long vacation across the US and the first thing my Mom and I did? We made a Target run, of course! The seasons have all melded together in Target and so there were Jack-o-Lanterns alongside Santa Claus with a random turkey flung in for good measure, ha-ha! I whipped up a pot of Turkey Chili for dinner and spent the rest of the evening getting ready for our engagement pictures the next day - making sure clothes were good to go, fixing my nails and just generally making sure we were prepared.


After church and lunch at Waffle House, Ryan headed to the barber to get all spruced up for the shoot and Julie arrived to do my make-up - which turned out stunning, if I do say so myself! When everyone was ready to go, we headed to the Arboretum to take our engagement pictures and what an experience that was - I had been waiting for that moment for such a long time and it was a little mind-boggling to believe I was in the middle of it. 




The sunset on the way home was absolutely stunning and even turned more impressive after I'd put my phone away - it was just so beautiful and reminded me that with Autumn in full force and Winter on the way, there will be many more stunning sunsets to come. We had pizza for dinner and I made Ryan some sandwiches for his overnight shift, grabbed a bath and ended the night checking out the sneak peek pictures that our photographer Brooke shared on Instagram - I'm in love and can't wait to see the rest.


My Mom snapped this picture rather sneakily while Brooke was doing her thing - and it was lovely enough on it's own but the ones that Brooke took (that I've seen so far) are amazing. I hope to be able to share some of them with you soon! Y'all have a good Monday and maybe this week will be a little less wild - I can't believe this time next week it will be November!

No comments:

Post a Comment