Monday, August 2, 2021

Power Hitting, Peaches & Progress!

Oh man - it's August and while it wasn't the first full weekend of August, it did kick off during the weekend and it was a great start to the month of August. I mean... I had a cold for the entire weekend and that portion wasn't the greatest, but thank goodness for cold meds - because that helped in so many ways! *smiles*

 

When I headed home from work on Friday I hopped out of my car and into my parent's car and we headed for DC to watch... well technically they are still the Washington Nationals but this year's trade deadline dealt some pretty severe blows. We lost Max Scherzer, Trea Turner, Yan Gomes, Daniel Hudson... and so many more that I can't name them all - but those four hurt especially since they are part of the World Series team. Regardless of that - we grabbed a seat at the Red Porch, had some dinner and then made our way to our seats to watch the game.

 

 

We played the Cubs and y'all - we actually won the game! Granted, the Cubs also did a trade deadline fire sale and got rid of almost all of their team too... so we were pretty evenly matched but you just never know with baseball. Our seats were great, the game was pretty excellent and after a pretty warm week, the weather actually ended up being really nice - so it was all around enjoyable! I suppose we are moving into a new era with a new team - but I will mourn the loss of the long time players for a wee bit.

Saturday morning I woke up feeling better... but also fighting some serious sinus pressure and a headache, so after some coffee and cereal, I ended up taking more medicine and lying back down. Thankfully within about thirty minutes the headache had abated enough that I was able to get myself put together to adventure a little bit on Saturday! We started the adventures with brunch at IHOP, where I threw back the orange juice like it was a life saving technique. *giggles*

 

 

We popped into a newly open family run bakery called Gavino & Garcia - the family lives in our neighborhood - and all the goodies we got were fantastic! We will be making a return trip to this little spot in our town. We also popped into Bath & Body where I stocked up on hand sanitizer and then we made our way to a farmer's market to grab peaches and corn and apple cider donuts and cantaloupe! Yum! I spent the rest of the afternoon doing my nails and taking a little nap and having burgers on the back porch - it was just a nice Saturday! 

Sunday morning after coffee, I hopped in the car and headed to Dulles to pick up my fiancé - who as of yesterday, August 1st - is a Virginia resident! *cue all the cheering* We raced into the church parking lot on two wheels and slid into seats just in time for the sermon and then grabbed some BBQ for lunch with my parents. We ran some errands on Sunday afternoon and organized some of his things ahead of him moving into his place later this month - it was such a good Sunday.


We grabbed pizza for dinner - we let Watson ride along and once the pizza was in the car, he ended up in the front seat in Ryan's lap - guarding the pizza.... yeah right. *smiles* We had dinner and watched some of the Olympics before ending the weekend. It was a good weekend - cold and all - and I cannot wait to see what the future holds, in the rest of 2021 and the future ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment