Monday, August 16, 2021

The Expo that Wasn't...

I am telling y'all weekends pass faster and faster! *sigh* I feel like it was just Friday afternoon and now it's Monday morning again, what in the world? I know - that's how the days work, but it just all feels like it sped by so fast, ha-ha! 

Friday after the work day was done, I picked up some friends at the tow truck station after they ended up with a flat tire and we all made our way home to the neighborhood while storms raged across the area. After I dropped them off and changed clothes, the family went to try the pizza at Pizzoco in Winchester. The restaurant is in an old gas station and makes their pizza crust and sauce from scratch; the pizza was good but the real winner were the Nightingale Ice Cream sandwiches that they offer for dessert. Holy cow were they amazin!  

If you haven't heard of them - they're a Virginia made goodie and absolutely divine. After our dinner we stopped in at the church's pool party and visited with some people and got in some swimming before another round of weather threatened to dump rain. We rolled up our things and headed home to relax a little bit before bed.

Saturday morning I went and got my hair all cut off! It's been a hot minute since my hair has been short and I think I really do like having shorter hair - it's just so much easier to deal with and I feel like my hair looks healthier! I popped home long enough to eat a PB&J, chat with my sister a bit and then my Mom and I went and got pedicures - which was a unique situation itself - the pedicures turned out great, but the service wasn't the best.

Ryan had to turn around and go back into work overnight, so we explored the annual Yard Crawl just a bit before he hopped in bed to nap a bit. I joined my parents for dinner at Crabby Maggie's Seafood in Strasburg and then we grabbed some ice cream from Sugar Creek Snowy & Sweet - easily one of the most tasty spots to grab ice cream in the area! The rest of the evening passed pretty uneventfully... Ryan and I watched some of a Kevin Hart comedy show and then I dropped him at work and came home and went to bed - I'm such a grandma, ha-ha!

Sunday morning we attended the early church service and grab some Panera for brunch - although I actually got breakfast and the other three got lunch food - at 10:30 in the morning! *laughs* My Mom and I headed to Hagerstown, Maryland for a "wedding expo" but I put it in quotations because once we finally got into the venue holding the expo, there were only about ten vendors and some of them were downright weird! I'm not sure what Scentsy and Polish Pottery have to do with wedding planning - but okay! 


We perused all the vendors and then grabbed some drinks from McDonald's before heading home a lot earlier than we'd expected. Ryan and I tried to go check out a large outdoor flea market but arrived a little too late... we did see one of the little neighborhood rabbits as we were parking on our return home. We washed laundry, got our clothes and things together for the week ahead and went to grab Popeye's Chicken for a quick dinner before watching The Spy Who Dumped Me and calling it a night.

It was another blink and you miss it weekend - but I only have two days of work this week before I am heading to Florida for six days - so I'm not too down about any of that, ha-ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment