Monday, August 9, 2021

Well That Weekend Flew By!

How is it already Monday? That weekend passed in an absolute blur... but it was a really lovely weekend. The loveliest part was that it started early on Friday because we left work at 3:00, hallelujah! I ran Ryan to get his hair cut and we relaxed a little bit before we got all fanciful and went out to dinner at Regions 117. It was such a wonderful evening.

 

 

After we finished eating, we wandered down to the overlook of the lake... the retirement community that lives on the left side of the lake were hosting a blues/jazz concert and so we just decided to dance right there on the little concrete circle. The only people dancing but I didn't even care - we were in our own little world and as we left a little while later, a woman told us that her daughter had said "they must be so in love - look at them". It was so sweet y'all - it just tickled my heart so much.

Saturday was a whirlwind but it was also such a good day! I dropped some packages in the mail and headed up the mountainside to visit my friend Katie and finally meet her baby girl who is already over a year old! She was taking a nap when I arrived, so Katie and I caught up over some tacos and then sweet little miss woke up - and happily, she didn't take too long to warm up to me! She is the most precious little thing and I can't wait to get to know her more.

 

I scooted back down the mountain in the afternoon and picked up Ryan from work and we made our way to Pennsylvania to pick up the last of Ryan's things since he's now moved to Virginia. I spotted the message on the marquee as we made our way through the town of Elizabethtown and I couldn't resist snapping a picture - isn't that what love is? Saying "I do" every day... choosing that person every day?

After grabbing his things and loading the car, we stopped at Dockside Willie's in Harrisburg on the way home for dinner. Ryan worked at Dockside Willie's while he was in college and couldn't wait to show me around this place that was once such an important part of his life. The views were beautiful, the menu was vast and the food was delicious - I'd love to go back and have another meal there, especially if I can end the meal with a slice of their homemade peanut butter pie!




Sunday was church - I was in the nursery - and then we went to the Alamo Drafthouse (Ryan's first time) for lunch and to see Jungle Cruise. The movie was incredibly good and I absolutely loved it; filled with the "Dad jokes" you know and love from the ride with a great storyline throughout as well - I was definitely a fan! We did a little garage sale "shopping" and took some walks, relaxed and watched a movie and just generally spent the rest of the afternoon resting and preparing for the work week ahead. I can't believe the weekend passed so quickly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment