Saturday, July 31, 2021

Life Lately - July

It's July 31st - are you kidding me? I knew that the month of July would likely fly by since the entire first half was made up on vacation - but I can't believe we are already here at the final day of the seventh month!


Eating - Y'all had to know that the month of July would be filled with so much yumminess! The first thing I attacked when I landed in the U.K. was a Cherry Bakewell because they are my favorite! We had a cook out on July Fourth in the very land we rebelled from and my sister put together a lovely charcuterie board... and of course, smores! Once we were in the land of Scotland, I had to sample and Irn Bru (yummy) and some Haggis (less yummy) to earn my Scottish card, ha-ha!


I had some of the best breakfasts in Scotland - including some Nutella French Toast at Scran and some Berry Waffles in Inverness. *drool* I loved shortbread, unicorn cookies, Arran ice cream and Scottish tablet - all things I'd love to have in my US lifestyle, ha-ha! Once we arrived back in England we had tea aplenty at The Peacock and Aqua: The Shard - both so very tasty! I also had divine cocktails at Highclere Castle - the Watermelon Mojito was divine and the drinks I had at Baskervilles (Moriarity and a Fairy Garden) were also fabulous. It was just such a tasty trip!

Watching - The answer here is that I am honestly still watching a LOT of Say Yes to the Dress, which I realize makes me completely basic but I'm 100% fine with that! I've also been loving all things Magnolia Network, especially Magnolia Kitchen and Fixer Upper: Welcome Home - both are great! I watched the new Disney animated movie Luca on the flight home from London and thought it was just the sweetest little movie and definitely a joyful and colorful film - a perfect Disney movie!

Wearing - All my British clothing brands! I stocked up and did some shopping at Seasalt Cornwall and Mark & Spencer while I was in the UK and I'm so glad I did. I grabbed some of the cutest Spring/Summer dresses and lightweight cardigans from Seasalt that have added to my wardrobe perfectly.


I also grabbed some seriously cute striped pants from Marks & Spencer, along with a pair of leopard joggers and some cute short sleeve tops! I wish I'd pounced on a couple more prints of the pocket tee the first time I noticed them because the fit is excellent, they are so soft and versatile! 

Bought - All the souvenirs. Eek! The first souvenir I bought on our trip ended up being a tartan plaid umbrella (if you don't count the clothes) and that seemed pretty on brand for Scotland's moody weather. I bought all things coo-related (that's a Highland cow, if you're wondering) and an ornament here and there. I even found a few sparkly items to put away for my wedding next Fall! Each and every souvenir was perfect and has found it's place in my home.

Want - I'm writing this on the 30th and I have a killer sinus thing going on right now... so what I really want is some healing of the sinuses. That would be a lovely miracle. I also want most of my Washington Nationals team back because as of last night; just 24 hours before the trade deadline, the Nationals traded away Max Scherzer, Trea Turner, Daniel Hudson, Brad Hand and Kyle Schwarber. I feel pretty sick about all of it and wonder who exactly I'll be seeing play at the game(s) I'm attending on the 30th of July and the 4th of September. Boo to baseball mechanics. *sigh*


Reading - You'd think I absolutely would have spent plenty of time reading between two flights and multiple train rides but y'all - I've read absolutely nothing this month! Oops! I started the book The Maidens by Alex Michaelides and I'm about twelve chapters in and enjoying it so far, so I'll have to finish that up in August. I've got several books to read still that include: 56 Days by Catherine Ryan Howard, We are the Brennans by Tracey Lange and All But My Life by Gerta Weissman Klein. I need to get to reading!  

                             ****************************************************

Well - just like that seven months are in the books. Days passed, memories made and minutes ticked by. I cannot believe 2021 is flying by so quickly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment