Monday, July 19, 2021

I Have Returned!

I am back from a whirlwind two weeks spent gallivanting across the United Kingdom, stopping in the English countryside, Scotland's big cities, Highland villages and port towns and winding my way back to the heart of England - London. I cannot believe the last time I blogged was July 2nd and it's now July 19th... talk about time absolutely flying! I saw so much and made memories that will last a lifetime over the last two weeks and I cannot wait to share stories and snapshots with you!

I left at 10 PM on Friday, July 2nd and flew overnight to Heathrow - arriving around 10 AM UK time - looking a little worse for the wear but still thrilled to be in the United Kingdom once again! The flight was blessedly uneventful and I managed to sleep for most of it, so it passed in a breeze. After a long(er) wait for my bag - I was reunited with my family and on the way to the English countryside.


 


My sister lives in the most wonderful little English town that is known as "a jewel in the crown of Sussex" and that's a pretty accurate description. It was lovely in mid-November and even more beautiful with the warm Summer breezes and flowers in bloom everywhere. In every nook and cranny, there were flowers and window boxes and blooms - it was magical. And of course - the Cathedral always look perfectly picturesque!


 

 

I would love to say the jet lag didn't get me this time - but I was pretty tired for most of the day! We wandered around the little town and ordered Giggling Squid from Deliveroo for dinner and I didn't make it past about 9 PM... and then I slept until after 9 the next morning! Yikes! July Fourth was a lovely day in the English countryside; my sister and I put on our rebellious colonists t-shirts and went shopping, making some purchases at Seasalt Cornwall and M&S before heading back home in a light sprinkle!


 


We roasted weenies and made s'mores over my little sister's backyard fire pit and had the perfect July Fourth celebration - even if we were in the very country we rebelled against almost 250 years ago! The weather stayed nice for us to have a grand time in the English garden before heading inside for the evening to pack our bags for Scotland. The first 48 hours in England were pretty laid back - but that's about where the laid back ends for this trip, ha-ha - we headed North on Monday, July 5th and got right down to exploring!

No comments:

Post a Comment