Monday, May 24, 2021

The Cicadas Have Arrived

Well - I blinked and that weekend was over! Whoa! I cannot believe how quickly the weekend went by! I didn't do much this weekend and I was pretty happy with that; it was nice to have nothing on the schedule.

Friday night was really chill - after dinner at Texas Roadhouse, I really just passed the evening chatting with Ryan and doing a whole lot of nothing. Again - it was nice to have nothing on the calendar for the weekend. Saturday morning after coffee and breakfast, I got in my exercise before the temperature got way too warm - let me just say - it's already really warm right now!

 

Saturday afternoon we toured an absolutely gorgeous Air BnB that is literally right around the corner from my house! The Farm at Clover Hill is a gorgeous farmhouse that was originally built in 1781 and the owners have lovingly restored it and rent it out. The farm is on a beautiful plot of land with rolling green hills, flowers and in the distance - hops growing! 

 



Another interesting aspect of this weekend was investigating the Cicadas that have descended on the area as part of the 17 Year Cicada migration or emergence or whatever... it's gross, I know that. There are empty shells everywhere and we popped over to the Mt. Hebron Cemetery and there were cicada everywhere - on everything! There is something especially creepy about seeing headstones covered in giant bugs while the screeching sounds fill the air... eek! 


 

 


Perhaps it's a random personality quirk but I do love exploring cemeteries and I probably could have explored Mt. Hebron even longer ... but a twig got stuck in my sandal, I thought it was a cicada and I screamed and flung my sandal. So - I thought it was maybe too high energy of a situation, ha-ha! 

I had ice cream for dinner from Newtown Creamery; the most delicious Key Lime Pie Sundae, and ended the evening with the new episode of Home Town: Takeover, a bubble bath and a call with my boyfriend. It was a good weekend and it was a fairly restful weekend too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment