Friday, May 7, 2021

Five on Friday

 It's the first weekend of May - and the weather is feeling a lot more like March or April than May. It's dreary outside today, rain keeps coming in waves and I am so very glad it's Friday because the first full week of May has been a long one. Hallelujah for the weekend!


One. Baseball is Back - Wednesday the 5th I was finally able to return to Nationals Park for a baseball game and I could not have been more thrilled! Tickets opened up and we were able to purchase seats, so after work, we headed into DC and finally back to one of my favorite places not just in DC, but in the whole world. I also finally got to see that World Series Champions banner flying over Nationals Park!




The game was enjoyable - even though that Nationals didn't win. *sigh* Baseball can turn on a dime - although I suppose that should actually be the swing of the bat - but this game was like that. All tied up at 0-0 until the Braves hit a Grand Slam... only it wasn't so grand for the Nationals. They fought back in the later innings but it wasn't quite enough. 


We were lucky enough to see two home runs from the Nationals (way to go Yan Gomes and Trea Turner) and some really nice ball playing. We were also able to witness the pitching of an Immaculate Inning (nine pitches/three outs) in the seventh courtesy of Kyle Finnegan of the Nationals. I was able to sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the Seventh Inning Stretch, clap along to all the cheers and finally watch baseball in person!

Two. A Whole New Ballgame - While it was fabulous to be back at the ballpark... it was like my favorite place had been sat down in the midst of the Twilight Zone. I suppose that's how life feels in general since we've been living with the world post-COVID... right?



Face masks were required at all times - unless you were actively eating and drinking. Please note my Mom couldn't resist whipping hers off to grin for the above picture, ha-ha! You also had to order your food from the MLB Ballpark App on your cell phone and then go pick it up, all packaged up in to-go containers. 



Nationals Park usually holds over 42,000 fans but because of DC's restrictions that are still in place, only a little over 8,000 people are allowed at games right now and it made the ballpark feel so very empty! Things were certainly very different - but the spirit the fans had for the Nationals was still the same!

Three. Chop & Change - I don't have much planned for this weekend but what I do have planned is to get my hair done on Saturday morning at 10! I think I might take my hair back to the much darker shade that I've had in the past - just because I really love it so much!

I think I am also planning to hit a couple shops in the mall before we head out of town next weekend - just to make sure there isn't anything else I really need to wear, ha-ha!

Four. Back to Reality - It has been a year and two months since my office closed for COVID; causing us to work from home since mid-March. We came back to the office in early July but with the precaution of wearing face mask unless we were each in our own personal office.


Well as of today everyone in my office is fully vaccinated and so we can now be in the office without face masks for the first time in over a year. It's wonderful to not have to wear a mask but I confess... I do feel like I'm breaking the rules! 

Five. Mother's Day - Sunday is Mother's Day and if you aren't planning to shower your Mom with love, then what is wrong with you? I've purchased gifts (not just from me - my sister too) and cards (also bought the card for my sister) and now all I need to do is wrap them up and then love on my Momma on Sunday. 


I joke but in all honesty - I got one of the best Mommas ever created in the world. She is one of my best friends - she was my Momma when I was a child and a teenager and because of the way she lovingly disciplined me, now we are best friends. She is loving, supportive, cares for others, has a giving heart and is always there for me when I need her. I don't know if there are words to accurately describe what a wonder she is - but I sure do love her and I'm so thankful she's mine.

***************************************************

I'm glad it's Friday and I'm looking forward to a weekend filled with very little to do! I hope you have a good weekend too!

1 comment: