Tuesday, May 11, 2021

The Calm Before...

Well - Monday was another wild day and I didn't get much of a chance to catch my breath, much less get over to this blog and type anything up! It's perfectly fine because it was a fairly uneventful weekend and that's all well and good - a weekend with not much happening is always a nice thing! 


I didn't get to sleep in on Saturday because I was off to the vet to grab some medicine(s) for my pup, who has been dealing with some allergies and a cough and then on to the salon to get my hair trimmed. I also decided to go back to a very dark shade that I've had in the past and I'm loving it so far! 

After my hair was done, we popped into a couple shops at the mall just to make sure there was anything last minute that I/we "needed" for our upcoming trip to Mississippi. I whipped up some turkey chili for dinner since the weather over the weekend was positively chilly (see what I did there?)... and honestly, I didn't do too much else on Saturday night!


Sunday morning they had a really cute set-up at church for taking pictures and so we snapped a couple before and after the service before heading to Reston for Brunch at Clyde's! We love all things Clyde's, but this was our first time eating at the location in Reston Town Center - but it was excellent! We sat on the patio and thankfully, the sun came out and it was actually really nice to be sitting outdoors!



I got the most outstanding Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Syrup and you better believe I ate every bite - it was so good! I started the meal with a cup of their chili; it's always tasty! I also had an Italian Blonde cocktail (gin-based) and we ended the meal with Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding with Orange Cream Cheese frosting - it was all so very delicous!



It was crazy windy - but we managed to snap a few pictures and we perused a few shops before heading back to the house. We took Watson a little ham, chicken and some biscuit... but he took it to a whole other level by snatching the rest of the biscuit from the to-go container and chowing down on it! I guess he was letting us know he didn't appreciate us being gone all day! 



It was a laid back weekend - although I don't know if it was super relaxing. *shrugs* I suppose that's just how it goes sometimes. Today is my Thursday; the family (my parents, Ryan and myself) will be headed to Mississippi tomorrow afternoon for the next five days. Maybe I'll get to sleep in at some point on this trip? 

No comments:

Post a Comment