Friday, July 26, 2019

Five on Friday


One. The Four Horsemen - The Nationals have been on a pretty fierce tilt lately and I noticed the other evening that apparently four of our five starting pitchers are now going by the nickname "The Four Horsemen". It's nice to see my team really finding their "oomph" and playing like they mean it.


I'm headed to Nationals Park on Wednesday to take in a mid-day game with my Mom and younger sister. Here's hoping we'll see an awesome match-up and the Nationals will get the W!

Two. Cashew Sheet Pan Chicken - This recipe was 100% a Pinterest win! A friend recommended it to me and I made it earlier this week and it went over so well with everyone! It will definitely be a repeat meal and so I thought I'd share the recipe!


You'll Need
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 3/4 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 medium skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into cubes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper cut in chunks
- 1/2 green bell pepper cut into chunks
- 2/3 cup roasted cashews 


What To Do 
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar, honey, garlic, ginger, cornstarch & water. Bring to a simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat and set aside. 
- Preheat oven to 400 & line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper, then drizzle spoonfuls of sauce over chicken, coating well on both sides. Reserve at least half of the sauce for later. 
- Cook chicken in preheated oven for 8 minutes, then remove pan. 
- Arrange the broccoli, bell peppers & cashews in a single layer around the chicken. Season the vegetables with salt & pepper & drizzle spoonfuls of the sauce. Toss everything to coat. Return to the oven and cook for another 12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. 
- Serve over rice or quinoa & garnish with green onions & sesame seeds, if desired. 

Three. Blue Light Glasses - I grew up needing glasses and once I finally got contacts, I was pretty convinced that I would never willingly wear glasses again because I hated how I looked in them. However, I sit in front of a computer screen for almost 9 hours every day and sometimes my poor almost blind eyes bother me. So - I purchased some really well reviewed blue light glasses from Amazon. 


My specific pair can be found here - I have really found that they help with eye strain and I think I also actually have less headaches. Plus, my co-workers have said they think the glasses look cute - so who knows? Maybe I'll become a fan of wearing glasses?

Four. You Know I Have Memes - It wouldn't be a Five on Friday post if I didn't have amazing memes to share! Some of these were sent back & forth between friends this week and prompted plenty of laughter. 





That last one could not be more true. I mean - okay, I actually change into exercise clothes when I get home but once that's all said & done, the clothes I lounge around in are pretty ratty. But hey - that's what makes them comfortable, right?

Five. Staycation - I am mere hours from nine days off and I could not be more thrilled! It's been March since I've had longer than a day or two off and so I'm thoroughly thrilled for a week of "staycation". My younger sister is coming to visit and we have plenty planned for while she is here. 

Image result for staycation

We are seeing The Lion King, going to brunch, having sister time at one of my favorite wineries, we are going to see Queen in concert (y'all - I cannot - I am SO EXCITED), taking in a Nationals game, getting pedicures, probably doing a little hiking and who knows what else. And also - sleeping in and just being lazy. I cannot wait! 

*******************************************

Y'all have a good weekend - I plan to have a good weekend.. and a good week... and another good weekend. Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment