Monday, May 6, 2019

Hey Y'all

I'm telling you - I just don't have much to report from this past weekend. Not much at all. Friday was an off day from work and started the three day weekend but I shared almost all of Friday's comings and goings on my Five on Friday post - and after having Mexican for supper and beginning the third season of Game of Thrones with my parents, there wasn't much more to Friday evening. 

Begging for bites of Saturday lunch. 
I didn't sleep in as late as I'd hoped on Saturday but once I'd had my coffee, I got busy around my house. I cleaned the bathroom, vacuumed the floors, organized and put things away and just generally did plenty of cleaning. By the time lunch rolled around, I was sweaty and gross - so I took a shower and then had lunch relaxing in the recliner and watching Schitt's Creek. 

Saturday afternoon was spent buying groceries, watching the Kentucky Derby (did anyone predict that outcome?) and having leftovers before watching ever more of Game of Thrones. The weather was absolutely wild on Friday and Saturday night with lightning, thunder, torrential downpours and in some places - hail - although we were spared that.

Sunday morning things....
Sunday morning I slept in a bit later and then my parents joined me for church. We had lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse and then perused Home Goods for a bit before heading home. The weather on Sunday was dreary... it rained almost the entire day. I spent that afternoon just being a bum, reading and getting ready for the week ahead. We had pizza for dinner and then I settled in to watch the fourth of the final six episodes of Game of Thrones... and essentially - the meme below is exactly how I felt after the episode aired.

When you're probably too attached to a TV show - but it's too late now...
I tossed and turned before finally falling asleep and let me tell you - Monday came all too early! So there you have it, not much to report for the first weekend of May! 

No comments:

Post a Comment