Friday, May 3, 2019

Five on Friday

The weekend is here! And guess what? My weekend is actually a three day weekend - so let me kick this week's edition off...
Image result for five on friday

One. I Couldn't Resist - I'll save you all the cluster of memes that I found following the most recent episode of Game of Thrones and just leave you with this one... because honestly, if you don't watch Game of Thrones - that's fine. But don't brag about it... because you're the one missing out! ;)


Two. May Day Flowers - Did you know it was a tradition to send flowers on the first day of May?  I was wholly unaware of this but earlier in the week my Mom set herself to the task of making little cones out of colorful paper and then on the first of May, she went through our community and hung baskets of fresh flowers on doors. Imagine my surprise when I arrived home and discovered a beautiful bouquet of flowers on my dining room table! Happy May Day to me too! 


Three. Farewell to Chewie - Oh man y'all... I grew up watching Star Wars and I think every Star Wars fan loves Chewbacca, so I was so sad to hear that Peter Mayhew passed away on April 30th! We were lucky enough to meet the best co-pilot in the galaxies at the Star Wars Experience at Disney World in January of 2018. The universe will certainly be a little less bright without Chewie!


Four. Apple Blossom Prayer Brunch - The Apple Blossom Festival is an annual celebration in our town and there are a multitude of events that spread out across a week and weekend. One of the joys of living and working in this area is that almost every business closes it's doors on Apple Blossom Friday and so you're afforded an extra day of vacation!


My Mom and I joined my Ladies Bible Study group for the Prayer Brunch and because one of the ladies in our group works with Chick Fil A, we sat at the Chick Fil A table! The food was delicious: chicken salad croissants, quinoa salad, grapes, strawberries and apple pie cheesecake! 


The entertainment was great and the speaker was excellent - it was a lovely way to spend a Friday morning. And after we'd had our brunch, listened to some music and the speaker, they gave out door prizes and y'all - I actually won one! I won a flashlight, ha-ha! But hey - it will be handy to have in my car and it's heavy enough that it could be used as a weapon! All in all - a great way to pass a Friday morning!


Five. The Collection Grows - I am slowly but surely collecting the Urban Decay / Game of Thrones Collection and I'm loving every piece! The collection arrived at Ulta on Thursday and on my lunch break, I cruised over to the shop...and wouldn't you know, the only thing(s) they had left were the eye shadow brushes created to look like Longclaw and Needle - the swords belonging to Jon Snow and Arya Stark. 


They had one of each and the girl working told me I'd better grab them because that was all they had left... and so I did. They also had the lipstick named for Sansa Stark, so I picked up one of those as well. I managed to order (back order) the lipstick names for the White Walkers, the Dracarys lip & cheek stain and the Dragon Queen highlight palette... I'll be sure to share those with you when they arrive. 


I absolutely am loving this collection - the eyeshadow palette is absolutely divine and so I know the rest of the goods will be just as fabulous! 

That's all I've got for this week! The first weekend of May is off to a wonderful start and I'm looking forward to what the rest of the month will have in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment