Monday, May 20, 2019

Another Weekend

How do weekends pass so quickly? I find myself asking that question almost every weekend - but the answer always evades me and so I find myself typing away on Monday morning. The thought that pervaded my mind for most of this past weekend was that the finale of Game of Thrones was on Sunday night... it seemed unreal to think that all weekend, but now the game is over and done. Crazy.

Friday evening was fairly low key - I had dinner with my family at a (new to me) restaurant in nearby Strasburg called the Box Office Brewery - it was quite tasty! I meant to snap a picture of the giant brewing tanks lining the walls but I was distracted by delicious food...ha-ha! After we returned home, my parents were eager to watch Game of Thrones - they've finally jumped on the band wagon and they're almost through season four! Hilarious, right?




Saturday morning was a really nice and easy morning - I love those kind of days and try to enjoy them as much as I can. The roses in the backyard are absolutely exploding into bloom and are breathtaking! I ended up sipping my second cup of coffee on the back deck on Saturday morning so I could take in the breeze and enjoy the cool morning...because the day warmed up really quickly!


The neighborhood had a community wide yard sale on Saturday and while I wasn't involved, it was fun to wander the neighborhood with my pup and see all the neighbors out and about exploring the community. I got in my exercise, showered and took a couple walks with the pup before lunch time and then after lunch, my Mom and I ran around town popping into some of our favorite stores. 

I ended up making one purchase on Saturday - a Game of Thrones metal Tervis - it was too delightful to pass up and y'all have to know by now that I'm a sucker for anything Thrones themed! We ended up having dinner at El Centro - a really tasty spot on the Winchester Walking Mall and we were lucky enough to get a window seat, to watch people milling around the Walking Mall while we ate up our food. It was a delicious meal - don't even get me started on the Chimi Rolls - they were heaven!

 


We closed out Saturday evening with another round of Game of Thrones episodes and all too soon, Sunday had arrived. After coffee and church, it was off to Firehouse Subs for a quick lunch and then on to the movies to see Tolkien - which was quite good, if a little slow at times. The rest of the afternoon passed with some reading, picking up and preparing for the week ahead and having pizza for dinner... and oh yeah, we watched some more Thrones!


Shortly before 9:00 I curled up in the recliner where I've kept my "watch" for this final season of Game of Thrones and settled in for the final hour and twenty minutes. I was preparing to dislike the finale but was pleasantly surprised as it unfolded to discover that I really felt like they managed to stick the landing and close out the story well. And so - I went to bed quite pleased with how it all played out!

And that's the weekend in a nutshell! Onward to another week...

No comments:

Post a Comment