Friday, June 15, 2018

Five on Friday

Oh yahoo - Friday has come once again! This week hasn't been long or arduous in any way but I'm always glad to see the weekend arrive again, if only because I get to sleep late tomorrow and I do love sleeping in, ha-ha! Five things that I'm loving or excited about on this Friday...take a look!

Flora Boom

One. Lore - I listen to quite a few podcasts and most of them are related to shows I watch...and most of the shows I watch are ending for their seasons, so I went looking for a new podcast to listen to. I like history and true crime...and while searching this section of iTunes podcast library, I stumbled on the podcast Lore by Aaron Mahnke - the winner of The Best of 2015, The Best of 2016 and Best History Podcast of 2016.

Related image

The description of the podcast reads: Lore is an award-winning, critically-acclaimed podcast about true life scary stories. Lore exposes the darker side of history, exploring the people, creatures and places of our wildest nightmares. Each episode examines a new dark historical tale in a modern campfire experience. It's so good and only (to me - a self-proclaimed pansy) mildly spine-tingling to me!

Two. Dresses Y'all - I love a good dress and I know that when my Mom reads this (hey Momma *waving*) she'll say that the last thing I need is another dress, but I just love them! There are two on Amazon that I have my eye on and both have really excellent reviews, so I think I might push the button and order both of them...

img_5313img_5312

The great thing about ordering them from Amazon Prime is that if they don't work out (*sad face*), they offer free returns, so I can send them back with no fuss and get my money back just as easily! So, maybe I'll be adding two cute maxi dresses to my wardrobe over the weekend!

Three. New Hairdo - I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow and I cannot wait! Earlier in the year I added some lighter pieces to my hair and while I loved it when I first had it done, as the past couple months have passed... my love (like my hair color) has faded. I know that lightening your hair damages the hair, but as much as I've changed the color of my hair I've never really seen any signs of damage, until this time. I'm planning to get my hair cut into a lob (long bob) and hopefully that will remove the damaged ends. I haven't decided what to do after that, but for now I'm just looking forward to shorter, healthier (hopefully) hair. My inspiration is below - so we shall see!

img_5243

Four. Weekend Plans - I don't have too much on the agenda this weekend...but I do have plans on Saturday evening (that are still being formulated). This evening is pretty open and beyond getting dinner with my family, I'm not sure what else will unfold. Saturday is my neighborhood's yard sale and so I've contributed some things here and there - who knows, perhaps I'll end tomorrow with some extra pocket change? I'm getting dinner tomorrow evening with a life long friend and I have no idea what Sunday will hold - but it's Father's Day, so I suppose my sweet Dad will get to make the call on Sunday's activities.

Five. Watson (but not Wednesday) - I found some pictures of Watson from our road trip/move from Mississippi to Virginia on my Time Hop yesterday and I just couldn't resist sharing them here. I didn't know it at the time but my pup really is such a good traveler - he likes to sit in the front seat, take in the scenery, take long naps and maybe get a bite of french fry or cheeto if you've stopped for snacks.

Offering to drive a bit...

That's it for this week! The weekend ahead looks gorgeous (if hot...) and I can't wait to see what it will have in store! Y'all have a great rest of Friday and enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment