Monday, June 25, 2018

Another Weekend - Recapped

Why does the weekend always pass so quickly? It would seem on the weekends I have plans, time flies...but then again, when I have nothing to do, time also zips right by. If time flies when you're having fun, then I guess my life is always a barrel of laughs because I feel it speeding along all the time!


Friday evening kicked off with dinner at Paladin Bar & Grill - a fairly new spot to dine that is only about 5 minutes from the house - and has delicious food! I had plans to try something new but once we got there, I had to go with tried and true favorites: the Brunswick Stew to start and the Macaroni & Cheese for my meal - both are so yummy! I did get a June Bug to go with my meal, so I suppose that was my something new?

I perused the furniture store with my parents and we got Sweet Frog frozen yogurt (thank goodness I got off early on Friday & had the sense to go home & exercise first...) before coming home and watching Tomb Raider. Watson was not a fan of the loud noises the movie produced and once it was over, he was just completely exhausted - poor little pansy.

I slept in until 8:30 on Saturday morning - which blew my mind. I've been waking up around 7:00 and struggling to sleep in, so I was pretty happy to finally stay asleep a little later. I do love my sleep, even if it doesn't always love me! I passed the morning with coffee, exercise and just generally not doing too much. I had plans to spend the afternoon and evening with friends and once I'd had breakfast, exercised, taken a bath, made brownies and had a little lunch - the morning and early afternoon seemed like they had passed in a blink.

I have been dealing with sinus-related headaches all week and Saturday was no exception. At one point I thought I was going to have to cancel but I pulled myself together, took some Excedrin Migraine and headed out with my brownies in tow. I had an awesome afternoon with my friends Danielle & Meridith, we chatted, laughed, sipped some hard cider and had a delicious meal of brisket, twice-baked potato casserole and broccoli. Danielle has a mimosa tree in her yard and gave us each a potted "sapling" to take home.


After dinner, we made a visit to the local farmer's market filled with all sorts of wonderful fruits, veggies, baked goods, hard cider, wine and honestly just a little bit of everything. I love perusing stores like that and I'd have thoroughly enjoyed myself except my stomach decided to revolt about mid-way through the visit and so, once we returned to Danielle's house, I made my apologies for cutting the evening short and headed home - where I spent the rest of the evening lying on the couch. Blah.

Sunday was filled with all manner of activity - we went to the 9:00 o'clock service at church and then had breakfast at IHOP, where I got my beloved Cinnastacks pancakes! I don't know about you, but nothing makes me quite so happy as the simple pleasure of a small stack of cinnamon and icing covered pancakes - yum!


My Mom and I headed to the Alamo at 12:00 to catch the 12:30 showing of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, which we both really enjoyed! I managed to only jump once, ha-ha! Once we returned home, we had beef stew for an early dinner around 3:45 and then I fought it for as long as I could before I took a short nap. Around 5:15, my Mom and I took Watson to Newtown Creamery and we all - even the dog - got ice cream!





Watson was so sweet and well behaved, waiting patiently for his pup cup and then happily eating it. I really did win the puppy lottery where he's concerned. Once we returned home, I took a bubble bath and then sat out on the deck with my Mom and the pup for a bit before ending my weekend with the season finale of Westworld.

No comments:

Post a Comment