Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Lately... Early March

It's been a minute since I've posted anything that's really life-related, so I figured I'd share some pictures from the last two weeks or so. It hasn't been a particularly eventful few weeks, but depending on what type of eventful ... that can be a good thing! 


February feels like it ended quietly - nothing big or crazy; just a quiet ending and March came in like a lamb as well (I'm hoping this doesn't mean we are due for a snowstorm at the end of the month...). Ryan and I found the perfect outdoor vehicle for future kiddos and I got to benefit from some leftovers from the tea my Mom and her friends had, ha-ha! I continued to make my new office my own and now that jelly bean season is here - I'm living my best life! 



One of the lovely parts of my job is that I get to make trips between my office and City Hall - and with Spring coming along nicely here in Northern Virginia, the walk(s) have been really enjoyable! I am really enjoying my new job so much and I am able to feel like; even if it's in a small way, my job is making a difference and helping someone. It's been a really lovely change in my life and I'm blessed to see how the rest of the year unfolds in this new position!



Another change that definitely involved me stepping outside of my comfort zone was that I auditioned to join the church's praise team and on March 3rd - I was part of the team that led worship! If you'd told me even a year ago that I'd be singing on the praise and worship team at church, I'd have laughed at you! I've always been able to sing but usually I hone my skills in the car - when I'm alone. However, I know my ability to sing is a gift from the Lord and I need to use it for more than performing for myself in the car... so here we are! I really enjoyed my first outing and can't wait to help lead worship again soon! 



Ryan and I have started using our pickleball paddles and trying to up our skill levels - I definitely don't know my own strength and sometimes end up sending the ball soaring over the net and out of the court. Oops! We had a really fun Sunday afternoon recently where we went and spent about an hour playing pickleball and then wandered over to the clubhouse and got our own post-game drinks: a mocktail for me and a Heineken Zero for him - we are also cultivating our favorite non-alcoholic drinks in the last few months. All the new things for us both!  


Spectacular sunsets have also been on display as Winter is slowly fading and Spring is coming onto the horizon! This particular sunset was on the horizon last Monday when my Mom and I went to our monthly book club. It was just stunning! 


This last weekend Ryan and I did the Target Date Night Challenge - I think we both did pretty good! One of the things I got Ryan was this Pickleball Club water bottle that can be worn with a strap over the shoulder; I figured it would be perfect for our budding pickleball skills! Also, how cute are the "carrots" that were out for customers to grab this weekend at one of our favorite shops! They were cheese balls - which I haven't had in ages, but they were as good as I remembered! 



Ryan and I visited a church this past Sunday and I was a little taken aback at how much it reminded me of the church I grew up in! The pews - the carpet (the pink carpet) - the wooden ceiling with beams - the light fixtures - it was all so similar! Talk about a blast from the past! I cannot believe that we are already almost to the middle of the month of March... this year is flying by! 

I'll leave you with a lovely sunrise that I snapped a picture of this morning as I headed to the office.


The time change isn't always easy - but I am so glad for the sunshine lasting longer into the evenings and I do believe that I'm also thankful for being able to see the sunrise each morning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment