Monday, August 8, 2022

Fairly Well

Well – that weekend is over and done. *sigh* It wasn’t a terrible weekend or anything… it went fairly well but it also went fairly fast! I feel like I blinked and I missed it.

I was able to leave work early on Friday and so I joined my co-workers for a little trip to Five Below and Kirkland’s. I found a set of small Nerf-like guns and couldn’t resist grabbing them, making a sign, and attacking Ryan when he got home from work. I won that battle y’all – it was epic! We sat outside some, had burgers for dinner and although we’d planned to watch a movie or play games – we ended up calling it an early night because I had a headache. Blah.



Oh! Don’t you love the L pumpkin I bought? I will be hanging that on our front door on August 31st and I’ll be staking a little orange and brown gnome with an L on his chest in the yard! Autumn décor!

Saturday started fairly slow and laid back but once I got going – I got a lot done! I cleaned the bathrooms and tidied up the house and then after lunch – I tackled my closet! Ryan spent a chunk of the day working on his car at his office, so I knew it was the perfect chance to tackle everything still in my closet. I managed to put everything important in storage bins and cleaned everything out so that all that’s left in the closet are my clothes! It took a couple hours, but I was really pleased to have that all taken care of!


I watched an episode of Obi Wan Kenobi and walked Watson a time or two – but otherwise that was that for Saturday (the day, that is). Ryan arrived at the house shortly before 5:00 and got cleaned up… and then we went to the Warren County Fair! Saturday was the final night of the fair and we were able to peruse the grounds and take in all the things! I’ve lived in Virginia for just over eight years and I’ve lived within five miles of the Warren County fairgrounds for all eight of those years – but I have never been to the Warren County Fair before! 



I have attended the Shenandoah County Fair – which is quite large – and so I was expecting something similar. The Warren County Fair is much smaller and didn’t have quite as much to take in, but we still had a great time! We looked at the award winners in the competition building, walked through the barn, peeked at the animals, and had some delicious BBQ for dinner while watching the Monster Truck show. We rode a few rides, and I got spun around until I thought I was going to puke, ha-ha! Ryan even played a shooting game and won me a little stuffed snake that I named Warren and carried around for the rest of the evening!



We closed out our Saturday night watching the movie The Man from Toronto on Netflix – it was pretty funny – and then it was time for sweet, sweet sleep! Y’all – I’ve been waking up at 5 AM during the work week and you better believe as much as I love sleep, when the weekends come around I am so excited to know I can (most of the time) sleep in! 

Sunday was church and then we made our way to the Alamo to see Thor: Love & Thunder and y’all – it was not great. *sigh* I truly don’t know what is going on with Marvel movies, but they just haven’t quite been the greatness that they used to be since Avenger’s: Endgame – Ryan pointed this out and I have to say – he’s right. There were a couple of funny moments but for the most part, it was pretty underwhelming. Thank goodness my cheesesteak was tasty!

The afternoon and early evening were spent doing laundry, Ryan did some yard work, and we had some dinner and prepared for the week ahead. I can’t believe the weekend passed so quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment