Monday, March 8, 2021

Things Are A Changing....

It's Monday, the sun is shining, the weather is supposed to get into the 70's later this week, I have a massage scheduled on Friday and I am no longer single. It was a pretty good weekend y'all. A pretty good weekend indeed. 

Friday I was lucky enough to get off work early and after dropping some mail at the post office, I raced home to change and go run some errands and have dinner with my parents. I grabbed some $10 tees at Old Navy because I've discovered that a lot of the shirts I wore last Summer... well they are a bit big now; I suppose weighing almost fifty pounds less than I did last Summer will do that. We had dinner at Red Robin and then at home I mostly poked around and chatted on the phone until I crawled into bed.

I woke up around 7:00 on Saturday and got ready to head to Lancaster for the day - please look at the reaction my dog gave me when he realized we were leaving for the day and he didn't get to come. Oops, sorry buddy! 

Fun fact - I went to Lancaster to meet someone special. It wasn't just some random choice to visit Lancaster on Saturday just to take in the Pennsylvania countryside and peruse some Amish markets. I mean, that did happen but the reason for my trip to Lancaster was to finally meet Ryan. We've been talking for a few weeks now and we were finally able to meet up and spend the day together... I started the day single and ended the day in a relationship - pretty good for a Saturday, ha-ha!

 

 

We walked all around Greenfield Park, talked... had lunch together and walked around some more. Ryan was so sweet to show my parents around (yep - he met the parents on the first date; brave man y'all) the Central Market and the Bird in Hand Market. My Mom and I; of course, spotted a cupcake shop and had to stop in and get some cupcakes. If there is something sweet within about a five mile radius of my Mom and I - we'll find it! We restrained ourselves and only got six cupcakes - especially because I'd been promised a whoopie pie by Ryan...


We had coffee and whoopie pies at the Bird in Hand Bakery - I got Red Velvet and it was delicious... Ryan got Chocolate & Peanut Butter and it was better than mine, ha-ha! The day passed way too quickly for my liking and all too soon, it was time to head back to Virginia. I changed my relationship status on Facebook on the way home and spent most of the ride home either laughing at people's reactions or texting my boyfriend... because yeah, I have one of those now!

We stopped for dinner in Gettysburg at the Dobbins House Tavern - I'm legitimately convinced that every square acre of the town of Gettysburg is probably haunted; how can it not be??? The food at the tavern was good and I always like to try out places that are unique and different. The rest of the drive passed fairly quickly and Watson was pretty pleased to see us when we got home. It was a very good Saturday indeed.


Sunday morning I had the breakfast of champions: cupcakes for breakfast! Ha! Not the most health conscious choice but they were really good cupcakes and so I think I'll need to pop back by that cupcake place the next time I'm in Lancaster. *smiles* Watson was all too happy to soak up some sun while we were at church and I was just glad to see the sunshine period, even if it was still a little more chilly outside than I'd have liked.


 


After church there was lunch at Firehouse, a little time spent perusing Books A Million, giving my silly little pup a treat from the Lancaster Central Market (chosen by Ryan) and meeting up with my friend Jennie to catch up. It was supposed to be a meet up for coffee... but the coffee shop(s) we wanted to go to were closed... and then we couldn't sit down inside McDonald's or Burger King... so it ended up being milkshakes at Arby's. You make do with what you have... right?

The rest of the day was pretty chill - I watched Men in Kilts, got my life in order for the work week, spent time with my pup, watched Home Town and talked on the phone with my man. All in all, maybe this was the best weekend of 2021 so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment