Monday, November 24, 2014

Wintry Weather

What a week - Monday dawned rainy and cold...and the wind would just about cut you in half when it whipped around the corner of the house! Happily, I was off on Monday so I battened down the hatches and bundled up because I did not want to blow away! I have to say, I don't know why but Watson seems absolutely invigorated by the cold and as much as I don't want to be out in the cold, he seems to want to run wild through the 15 degree breezes...

I can't wait to see what he thinks when there are a couple feet of snow. He might think again...

The only pretty part of Monday...the glorious sunset.

The real deal hot chocolate - so delicious on a frigid Monday night.
On Tuesday evening, our sweet little Jimmy visited with us after school and when I came in from work, even though I only got to spend about thirty minutes with him...we had a grand time. We watched the lights on my Christmas tree twinkling and talked about all the different ornaments hanging on the tree. It's so much fun to see the wonder that Christmas trees inspire in kids - as soon as Jimmy saw the sparkling lights on my Christmas tree, he softly said "oooohhhh". Christmas is always magical but seeing it through a child's eyes makes it even more filled with wonder. After playing some rounds of Fruit Ninja, it was time for Jimmy to head home.

In between rounds of Fruit Ninja...I didn't actually play, I just got to watch. Ha-ha!

A new favorite spot to nap? Up against my leg on the recliner.

Some frosty fronds of grass! 

Some Wednesday afternoon cat-baiting...cats just make him come unglued!

See? A good place to nap; in the middle of the recliner. 
One of the things that I've gotten involved in as an extension of my parent's and the church I attend is something called Kitchen of Hope. Four area churches feed the homeless people in the area on each Thursday; our church has the third Thursday of every month. It's always interesting to bustle around in the kitchen and this past week was no different. My friend's baby girl, Amelia has been coming right along ever since she was born and this past week she decided to help me serve the chicken - ha-ha! Okay, so she obviously didn't really help me serve the chicken but she did hang out in her carrier and try to grab the tongs I was serving chicken with and try to grab pieces of chicken....she couldn't help it, she just wanted a bite!

Ready to serve up some chicken, mashed potatoes & green beans!

Bundled up in her car seat, with the new car seat cover. She was pretty amused...

As always, begging for a bite of something yummy!

Apparently this is par for the course in Winter when you make a supply run to Lowe's.
We decorated our house for Christmas on Saturday because we'll be out of town the week of Thanksgiving. I spent the day in and out of the house, helping when I could. I went for a job interview on Saturday morning (fingers crossed...actually, everything crossed) and I had to work Saturday night but when I came home, the house had been transformed into an absolute Christmas wonderland filled with trees (four so far) and snowmen and penguins. There was even a little hoot owl touch that I added to the windows above the front door...because every house needs a little extra hoot owl.

Some Happy Holiday hoot owls to greet guests.

The Christmas miracle that I returned home to after work on Saturday!

Someone helping with the decorating....sort of.
Well - that's all for this week. I can't believe Thanksgiving is this week! How does time pass so quickly?

No comments:

Post a Comment