Monday, March 7, 2011

So...Remember that Ghost I Mentioned?

First of all - no, I haven't "seen it". Nor have I had any ghostly encounters. I really would rather not have any ghostly encounters, but I thought since I mentioned the ghost in the last post, I'd tell what little I know about the BMG ghost in this post.

Let me preface this story by telling you all (all 5 of you according to my blog - 5 followers) that my little sister used to clean this very office & sometimes I would come up to the office with her & "help out" (read this as supervise, ha-ha). We were always in agreement that the office was a little bit creepy, but we always spent our summer afternoons watching "A Haunting" on TLC, so we were beyond convinced that if a house was old, it had to be haunted from floor to ceiling. We were particularly terrifed of the basement. The door to the basement was always locked & you could only see into it from outside throught these dirty little windows. We just knew it had to be a murder basement. I mean, hello...old house with a creepy basement? It was most assuredly haunted by the ghost(s) of the people that had been offed in the murder basement. Duh. I should mention at this point that my Mother assured us we were both nuts. I mean - Ginger, did you just now figure out you have nuts for kids?

So - fast forward from around 2006-2007 to present day. I get a job at BMG! Yay for me! I think nothing of the crazy ghosts/murder basement plots that Lindsey & I used to fabricate as we wandered the house cleaning. At least, I didn't think about those things for the first day I worked there. Then my co-workers began to enlighten me as to the office's ghost. Oh joy. Thus - let me share with you two of the ghost stories from my co-workers. We'll start with "Vicki". (I've changed the names to protect the innocent, ha-ha!)

Vicki tells me that she had heard everyone talk about the ghost that haunted the house, but she wasn't every really concerned about it. She thought they were making stuff up. So one day, she stays late to finish up some work & she knows that she is alone in the building. She hears sounds coming from the back of the house where another co-worker; Sanya, has a desk. Thinking Sanya has come back & is messing with her, which is a perfectly legitimate thought since Sanya likes to joke around, she hollers to her to quit messing around. She gets no answer except to hear the same noises... After telling "Sanya" to knock it off a couple more times & still hearing nothing, she goes into the back to tell her face to face to chill out - only to see Sanya's empty desk chair turning in a circle...just going round & round & round. She grabbed her purse & headed for the exit as fast as her legs could carry her & decided she never needed to stay after 5 to finish up work again. She advised me not to ever stay after 5 either. And now on to Macy's story...

Macy goes to night classes after work a couple days a week, but her classes don't start until around 6:30 so she usually hangs out at the office until time to go to class. She is able to finish up work for school or for the office. She is obviously made of stronger stuff than me. She says she cannot count the times she has seen doors open & close on their own, heard footsteps going up & down the steps, seen water cut on & off in the bathroom, etc....all when she knows she is completely alone in the house. She just ignores it & keeps right on doing what she is doing. I'm not gonna lie - I admire that kind of hardcore. Just the idea of that happening while I am here, whether I'm alone or not would send me running for the door.

I thought that maybe they were all just messing with me. I mean, the kinder gentler way of hazing the new girl. I asked a friend that works at the office, thinking she would tell me that everyone was just pulling my leg or something of the sort. Nope. Gina looked at me with the straightest of faces & said "I wouldn't hang out here after 5. Things get weird." Well...great. Awesome. Not only did she tell me that, along with those two delightful stories from my co-workers, two other people in the office told me about the ghost. My boss Jan told me that "we have a ghost here, but she's a nice ghost." Oh, ok. How do we know the ghost is a girl? How do we know the ghost is nice? What if the ghost is a man & he's seriously ticked that you refer to him as a woman? What if he's plotting revenge as we joke about him? And then a guy at the office tells me "so, I guess you've heard about our ghost, huh?" Thanks Ron. I have. Thrilled to hear that we have one.

So - now you all (all 5 of you) know a little more about the ghost. I haven't had any encounters with he or she...& I really have no desire to. I don't like ghosts. I don't like movies about ghosts. Give me a horror movie with blood & gore over ghost & goblins any day. I don't want to meet any ghosts. I can tell you one thing though. I have watched numerous episodes of "A Haunting" as well as "Ghost Hunters" & they always tell you that when the temperature drops...that is the sign that a ghost is present. Ghosts suck energy from the room, taking the heat too. Every time I go to the bathroom at work, it is about 15 degrees colder in there than in the rest of the building. Does the ghost haunt the toilet? Is she (Jan said she was a girl) like Moaning Myrtle? Because that would be horrible. Who wants to haunt a toilet? Of course, this house was built in the late 1800's, what I think is a toilet may have been something else entirely when the house was built.

Anyway - I've rambled on about the ghost of BMG long enough. It's time for me to go to lunch! :) Oh - I've been in the basement now. It was most certainly a murder basement. I've only been down there once, but that was enough. Again - story for another time. But definitely a murder basement. No doubt.

1 comment:

  1. oh my friend you put a smile on my face at the end of a long day...ready.to.see.you. :)

    ReplyDelete