Monday, July 29, 2024

The Last Weekend of July

The final weekend of July is in the books - I cannot believe we are literally less than three days away from August! How did the first seven months of the year fly by so fast? Are you kidding me??


The weekend started off very animal-friendly; ha-ha! I saw a deer just happily grazing when I headed to work on Friday morning & when I came home on Friday afternoon, there were two rabbits snacking on the lawn! The grass is looking pretty sad around here because we haven't had much rain... but I guess the little animals still think it's pretty tasty! 

The BIG news is that we are right about two weeks away from our house being finished & when we popped by the house on Friday evening, it was the first time we've seen the house in two weeks! And man - it has come a LONG way in two weeks! Our front door is in & we have electricity; our outdoor light was lit up when we arrived to peek at the changes - so very exciting! 



We now have lighting in place - I love the pendant lights over our counter/island in the kitchen! Our backsplash is the most beautiful white subway tile; it looks so crisp & clean, & goes perfectly with our quartz countertops with some gray veining. I love that everything is so perfectly white & fresh! We also have toilets & sinks & showers... bathroom fixtures galore! 




The carpet is installed - it's called winter white; & while it's not exactly white, it's a perfect neutral color & I really love it. I did walk around our master bedroom barefoot... which Ryan said was a terrible idea because the house is still being constructed. But *shrug* I survived! I cannot believe we are so close to being in this house & truly making it our own! 




I love the flooring in our downstairs - it will go with so much & I love the look of a wood floor! I cannot wait to put down rugs, hang curtains... do all the things that will make this house into our home! And don't even get me started on plopping our kittens down in the middle of it & watching them add to our home as well! I know it's going to be such a wonderful home for us for years to come! 





We had dinner at Red Robin before heading home after a pretty long day for Ryan! We did our best to sleep in on Saturday morning; we managed to make it until around 8, which is pretty impressive! Our Saturday was both busy & not... we ran some errands & did some packing, we picked out some new plant children for our offices & took a Saturday afternoon nap... we had take-out from TGIFriday's & watched Dune: Part One (I'm still not 100% sure what it's about). It was a good Saturday!


Sunday morning was church & a quick lunch at home before we headed to the pool for a few hours! We have really enjoyed being able to sit up our chairs & umbrellas, stretch out in the sun & just chill for a couple hours - especially since we can hop into the pool when we get too warm! We ended our weekend chilling, getting ready for the work week & watching the Prime Time Olympics coverage - go Team USA!  

No comments:

Post a Comment