Saturday, September 18, 2021

Blast from the Past - The First Portion


True story - I have been looking back over old blog posts and stumbled on four different posts that were questions all about "me". I thought I'd do them again (the last time I did these was 2014) and see how my answers would differ from seven years ago. Seven years ago I was closing in on thirty, single and working at Hallmark part-time because I'd move to Virginia in June and so far, part-time retail was the only work I could find.


I'd certainly say at almost thirty I had very different ideas of who I would be and where I would be in the coming years - but I know now that I have seen the Lord at work in my life in so many ways, so again - I thought it would be fun to see if/how my answers changed! I hope you enjoy!

  • One of your scars; how'd you get it? - I have a scar above my left eye from busting my head open when I was about five... jumping on the bed + concrete windowsills = permanent skin souvenir. 
  • What is on the walls in your room? - I have a gallery wall made with mirrors, words written in script and some art prints. I also have a large map of the world, the blueprints for Cinderella castle at Disney World, a Proverbs 31 print, a canvas of Central Park in NYC, a canvas of Big Ben in London and a framed painting I bought in Venice!
  • Do you snore? Grind your teeth? Talk in your sleep? - My fiancé says I do snore! I've always been told I breath very heavy... like Darth Vader, but my fiancé has confirmed I also snore. Oh well, so does he!
  • What type of music do you listen to? - I absolutely love instrumental music of all kinds; especially instrumental music connected to favorite shows and movies! I'm also a big fan of praise and worship music and really just whatever I happen to hear and enjoy!
  • What time were you born? - I believe I was born in the morning! I can't believe I've never confirmed this... but I'm almost 99% positive that I was born in the 8 AM hour.
  • What do you want more than anything right now? - I want to be able to have a baby once Ryan and I get married next November. 
  • What do you miss? - I miss my grandparents; especially now that I have found my husband-to-be. I miss being able to introduce them to him because I know they would love him! I also miss some of my friends who still live in Mississippi!
  • What is your most prized possession? - Pictures and picture albums. They are tangible reminders of all the wonderful memories that I have made throughout my life. Also - my Bible that is in my Grandpa's old Bible cover. 
  • How tall are you? - I'm 5'5"... not too tall.
  • Do you get claustrophobic? - I don't think that I do. I don't love small spaces but I also don't panic!
  • Do you get scared in the dark? - 95% of the time, no. But every once in a while I will still get a little creeped out. And sometimes I still leap into the bed when walking back from the bathroom. *insert laughter*
  • The last person to make me cry? - I'm pretty sure it was Ryan but in a good way, not a bad way! The last person to make me cry was Ryan but I was crying happy tears!
  • What is your worst fear? - Being alone.
  • What kind of hair/eye color do you like on the opposite sex? - I like Ryan's hair and Ryan's eyes; those are the hair color and eye color that I like on the opposite sex. For the record, Ryan has dark brown hair with some gray sprinkled in and greenish/hazel eyes... with incredible eyelashes!
  • Where can you see yourself proposing? - I was proposed to on a hillside in Pennsylvania at dusk. It was lovely and wonderful and I'll remember it for as long as I live.
  • Coffee or Energy Drink? - Coffee! All the coffee! Energy drinks will eat your insides... or so I've been told.
  • Favorite Pizza Topping? - Pepperoni, extra cheese and green bell peppers!
  • If you could eat anything right now, what would it be? - Cake! :) I don't know why but right now, I have a craving for cake. I guess it's a good thing I have a birthday coming up, right?
  • Favorite color of all time? - Blue! All the blue! 
  • Have you ever eaten a goldfish? - Still a weird question. The answer is still a resounding NO.
  • What was the first meaningful gifts you ever received? - I think I would still say the pearls that I got on my 15th or 16th birthday. I cannot remember which birthday I got them *face palm* but they are lovely and I still have them to this day.
  • Do you have a crush? - I have a crush on my fiancé, Ryan! *smiles*
  • Are you double jointed? - I am definitely not double jointed.
  • Favorite Clothing Brand? - I absolutely love Loft! It's one of my favorite places to shop but honestly, if I find something that I think is cute, I don't care what the label is. I love Loft but I also love finding cute clothes at bargain prices!
  • Who is your favorite celebrity? - I think I am a pretty big fan of Chris Pratt, especially because he is outspoken about his faith in Christ in a world that is trying to stamp that kind of speech out.
  • Do you have a pet right now/What kind of pet is it? - My precious Watson boy, who is a very little old man! He is almost thirteen years old, which is almost 91 in dog years! He is a Jack Russell Terrier and he still sometimes goes a little wild but mostly he's a very chill little old man.
  • Would you fall in love knowing the person is leaving? - I don't think you can stop love, regardless of the situation. And wouldn't you want to know what being in love was like... even if you couldn't keep that love? I would.
  • Say a number one - one hundred? -Six (because that's the date of my birthday).
  • Blondes or Brunettes? - How about a man that was born blonde but is now brunette? That's my answer! 
  • Favorite Quote? - I don't know if it's a favorite quote but I have a quote on my personal Facebook page that says "Enjoy this moment. This moment is your life." It's resonated with me because I am a big proponent of trying to find the positive in all situations in life and making the most of them.
  • Favorite Place? - I know this will sound cliché but I think now that I've found Ryan... just being together makes wherever we are my favorite place. Is that cheesy? *insert smile* I do really love being in the mountains and I always love being at Nationals Park for a good baseball game... but honestly, I think my favorite place is just wherever "my people" are. 
  • Have you been out of the USA? - Yes, I have! I've been to Canada, England, Italy and Scotland! I also had a layover in Germany... although I don't know if that counts! 
  • Weaknesses? - I tend to be a people pleaser and sometimes I exhaust myself (not necessarily physically... but emotionally & mentally) trying to make sure everyone else is having fun/feeling well/etc.... at the expense of myself. I also tend to be a bit anxious at times...
  • Met anyone famous? - I met the lead singer of Third Eye Blind on an elevator in Mobile, AL when I was in high school and I met Washington Nationals first baseman Ryan Zimmerman about four years ago!
  • First job? - If I don't count baby sitting, my first job was working at New York and Company in the Meridian mall during the holiday season of 2002. It lasted about two months and for the most part, I absolutely hated it. 
  • Ever done a prank call? - I have not. Have no plans to.
  • Do you think everyone has a soul mate? - I think everyone has a soul mate but I don't think that your soul mate always has to be your spouse. I think some people's soul mates might be a best friend, a sibling, a child, a grandparent... who knows?
  • What were you doing before you filled this out? - Working! 
  • Have you ever had surgery? - I've had dental surgery: two root canals and I've had a couple teeth pulled for braces and other reasons!
  • What do you get complimented about? - My bubbly personality. My smile. My positivity. 
  • Have you ever had braces? - Ooh boy have I! I had braces from the time I was about eleven until I was almost fifteen. And I didn't wear my retainer as much as I should have. Sorry Mom. 
  • What do you want for your birthday? - Every year for the last several years my Mom has asked me this and I've told her she can't "buy" me what I truly wanted (to find my love). This year I have that and so honestly, anything I would be given would go above and beyond. I have everything I want. 
  • How many kids do you want? Names? - I would say two would be my maximum... my fiancé is pushing for at least three. Granted, he also jokes we will just have six at once - but please no. I'd say two would be a gracious blessing and we'll go from there. I'll keep names to myself for now.
  • Were you named after anyone? - I don't think so. I like to joke I was named for Natalie Wood (the actress) and I even have a picture with her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame from when I was a wee kiddo... but I don't think my parents actually chose the name Natalie because of Natalie Wood. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong parents.
  • What is the biggest turn-off in the opposite sex? - Arrogance. Being unkind. Not taking good care of oneself/having bad personal hygiene.
  • What is one thing you liked about high school? - I liked my friends and the memories we made. I had a pretty good time in high school (I wouldn't go back - but I had a good time).
  • What kind of shampoo do you use? - I currently am using a Tea Tree Oil shampoo and conditioner from my hair salon that is supposed to extend the life of color. *shrugs* It smells really nice. 
  • Do you like your handwriting? - Yes, most of the time I really like my handwriting. I know other people seem to really like my handwriting too!

This is the first portion - that's right, there is another portion! Some of the answers from my previous post (you'd have to look back to find them) make me laugh. I think I've definitely grown since my original posting...

1 comment:

  1. You ere born at 8:15 in the morning
    You got pearls for your sweet sixteen birthday
    You were not necessarily named after Natalie Wood but I did like her!

    ReplyDelete