Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Snow... NO

 It finally stopped snowing just before lunch today - yes it's Tuesday and yes I'm a day late on my weekend recap - but I suppose since this is my blog, I'm the one that decides what is on time and what's late! I worked from home yesterday and today... yesterday was pretty busy and then after work, I didn't have time to get around to any writing.

I don't have much to report from Friday night - we had dinner out and went by the grocery store to grab supplies before the snow arrived on Sunday. Once we were home, I took a bubble bath and watched some TV. Have y'all be watching WandaVision on Disney+ - because I am completely hooked!


Saturday was sunny and cool - but the sunshine was the key feature of the day, because with it shining high in the sky, it made it more than bearable to be outside! We grabbed lunch at Oak Stone Wood Fired Pizza; my pizza was called The Bianco and had Asiago, Ricotta, Spinach, Roasted Garlic & Bacon, it was so very delicious! After finishing up lunch, we made sure we had our hats and coats, picked up the pup from the house and headed for the Trails at the MSV - the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley.




The Trails opened just a few months ago and I can't wait to check them out again on a warm(er) Spring day - they are still working on portions of the trails, but they wind through the woods, over the hills and alongside a pasture with sculptures dotted throughout the trails. We tried to make the the most of the sunshine before the snow arrived and we weren't the only people - despite the temperature being in the mid-30's - there were people walking all along the trails in their coats and hats! 


 

I whipped up a Corn Chowder with Ham & Bacon for Saturday night and we watched the movie The Dig on Netflix - about the Sutton Hoo discovery made in Suffolk, UK just before the Second World War. I took Watson out for a walk later in the evening and noted that the clouds had rolled in and the stars were now obscured... a sure sign that the snowstorm was rolling in...

When I woke up on Sunday morning, my Dad had sent me a picture of my dog outside walking through the snow that had already fallen overnight. And so - it began.





The snow started sometime during the middle of the night on Saturday night or Sunday morning and it continued on and off (mostly on) until Tuesday morning around 11:00. The snow that fell early on was fairly light and fluffy and so shoveling and snow blowing weren't too bad... snow shoveling has to be the worst aspect of snow, ha-ha! It's pretty to look at but man is it a mess to clean up! 


The roads weren't too bad on Sunday afternoon so I encouraged my Dad that we should take advantage of it and drive over to the lake to snap some pictures, since we live all of less than a mile from it. I've seen other people who live very near the lake post some really beautiful pictures before and I wanted to get my own. I'm not a photographer or anything - but I liked my pictures quite well! Especially the ones where you could see the ice stretching out across the lake...








I couldn't resist doing one of my favorite jumping in the air snaps - and amazingly - we got the picture on the first try! After the walk around the lake, I went home to bundle up and watch a little TV on the couch before taking Watson our on an adventure in the snow drifts.





As he gets older, he isn't as excited to go out in the snow but when I wrapped him up in his bomber jacket, he set off with a spring in his step! He especially loved sniffing out the lowest branches of the pine trees all along the berm - covered in snow and looking so lovely! He was dusted with snow by the time he finished bouncing and bounding through the snow and he crashed once we were back home.

The rest of Sunday passed with snow falling, homemade pizzas cooking in the oven and time spent by the cozy fire. It was a good weekend - even though I am a little bit over Winter, ha-ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment