Sunday, February 28, 2021

Life Lately - February


Eating - Another tasty month in the books! I received macarons for Valentine's Day from Olivia Macaron; the best spot to get macarons, in my opinion. Their Georgetown location is one of my favorite spots and their macarons are the best! We had brunch on Valentine's Day at the McFarland House in Martinsburg and the food was delicious - I especially enjoyed the mimosa flight and the blueberry crepe! 


I had some delicious waffles with chocolate chips and marshmallows, a homemade grilled cheese and some of the most tasty chicken pot pie... not once, not twice, but three times - at three different places! I had a delicious White Chocolate Raspberry Mocha and to die for Sticky Toffee Pudding. I even tried my hand at making a King Cake and it was a hit! 

Watching - I have been watching all things Discovery+... Magnolia Table, Fixer Upper: Welcome Home and Home Town - I am loving all my home shows! I'm also loving Men in Kilts on Starz; the show follow Sam Heughan and Graham McTavish as they explore Scotland and it's both historical and hilarious. I also started watching a show on Starz called The Luminaries that follows two English people journeying to New Zealand to follow the gold rush in the 1800's. 

Wearing - Unfortunately I've been as cozy with my coat and hat(s) almost all month long because it snowed again and again this month! Thank goodness for cozy sweaters, rubber boots and toasty toboggans to put onto my head so I can wander around through the snowfall! 


Right here at the end of the month I grabbed a cute pair of sandals in anticipation of the warmer Spring days to come. I haven't worn them anywhere except my room, but I can't wait to take them out of the house, ha-ha!

Bought - Well obviously I bought my awesome sandals, ha-ha! I've admired Birkenstocks that look like these sandals time and time again... and when I saw these knock-offs at Target for $22, I snagged a white pair because I don't have white sandals for Spring and Summer! Another knock-off that I took full advantage of is Wal-Mart's Time & Tru brand Cowl Neck sweatshirt, retailing at just $14! It's a dupe for one made by a company called Dudley Stephens... and their sweatshirt retails for $129! I grabbed a black/white stripe combo sweatshirt and then went back for the pink/white stripe combo and the teal/white stripe combo! All three and still less than a third of what you'd pay for the Dudley Stephens! 

Want - I dearly want Spring weather! Longer days... warmer days... all the plentiful sunshine! I want to wear sandals and short sleeves and feel a gentle Spring breeze on my face! As I write that, it's raining and hovering around 45 outside. *blah* However, the forecast for next week has temperatures at 60 or higher - so perhaps Spring is right around the corner?

Reading - I posted all about this on Five on Friday, but I only read three books this month: The Duke and I by Julia Quinn, The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides and The Sanatorium by Sarah Pearse. I started The Four Winds by Kristin Hannah just today... so I suppose it doesn't quite count. I hope I can get more reading done in March.

And that's a little of what I've been up to lately - in this month that was February of 2021! 

No comments:

Post a Comment