Friday, March 15, 2019

Five on Friday

It's Friday! Who else literally hears those words and becomes the meme of the minions cheering wildly? *raises hand* That's definitely me on this third Friday in March. WAIT! How is it already the THIRD Friday in MARCH?!?


One. Spring Things - The weather for the past 48 hours has been resplendent! Warm temperatures, gentle breezes and blue skies with puffy clouds - in short, the perfect Spring weather! Now I know it's not officially Spring until next Wednesday but we are getting off work early and I definitely plan to pick my little pup up and cruise around the Arboretum to take advantage of the fabulous weather!


It was on a perfect Spring day like today; albeit five years ago, that I was able to snap one of my favorite pictures of Watson. The skies are a bit more cloudy today but perhaps I'll get a good picture or two of the little fellow and of Spring peeking it's head out?

Two. Lunch with a Friend - I'll be sleeping in tomorrow morning... but around lunch time I'll be heading up into the mountains to have lunch and catch up with my sweet friend and her delightfully squishy little boy! We're going to have sliders, salads and some kind of treat (courtesy of me) and just catch up! Here's hoping the weather continues to be awesome - her back porch has some of the most gorgeous views! *sigh*

Three. A Little Binge Watching - I don't have a lot on my agenda this weekend besides exploring the outdoors with my sweet pup, catching up with my friend and church on Sunday morning... and I'm really thrilled with that! I was out of town the past two weekends and so I'm looking forward to having time to decompress all by myself (hello Introvert tendencies shining through...). I've got a couple things I'd like to binge watch in my spare time - the fourth season of Schitt's Creek on Netflix, the fourth season of Catastrophe on Amazon Prime and Shrill on Hulu.

Image result for shrill Image result for catastrophe season 4 Image result for schitt's creek season 4

All three shows are comedies and each episode comes in under 25 minutes, so they're all fairly quick watches! I'm not sure which one I'll pick to start with first...but I'm leaning toward Catastrophe!

Four. Easter Pampering - Perfectly Posh has a limited time offering of some Easter-themed pampering: a whipped body souffle, a tightening face mask and a lovely roller ball perfume (which is only available in the bundle). I know the products are awesome, have an amazing light and Spring-like scent and best of all - they're all made in the US from natural ingredients! Shop those products and more at: http://NatalieSummerlin.po.sh




Five. Sinus Struggles - I can only guess that the combination of going from the MS climate to the VA climate, combined with the arrival of Spring has created the perfect storm for my sinuses... I have spent all week fighting the pressure, sore throat, stopped up nose and general icky feeling that comes along with sinus issues and I am about ready to be done.

Related image
But change that to sinuses....
Add to that the time change + medication and most mornings this week, I've woken up with a substantial medication hangover that left me gasping for my first cup of coffee. So - not having an alarm clock tomorrow morning is really going to be a lovely experience. And hey, maybe the weekend will allow my sinuses to get their act together? 

No comments:

Post a Comment