Monday, March 25, 2019

A Full Weekend

It was a full weekend - that's for sure. I've arrived at this post on a Monday afternoon and I don't feel 100% "writer-y" at present. I know that's not a word, but this is my blog - so I suppose I'll go with what I feel. And what I don't feel is that I have a way with words this afternoon... so perhaps I'll share brief interludes with my pictures...

Friday after work, I joined my friends Danielle and Meridith for some shopping around town and a delicious dinner at 50/50 Taphouse - a restaurant in Old Town Winchester that has 50 burgers on the menu and 50 beers on tap. The company was wonderful, the food was delicious and the night was just a fun girl's night - and I ended the evening with some gummy bunnies, an episode of The Great British Baking Show and an episode of Schitt's Creek

What you can't see in this picture? It was SNOWING! 
The Vermont: Apple Bacon Compote & Cheddar/Dill Pickle Straws/The Seat 14
I slept in and enjoyed my coffee on Saturday morning - it's such a ritual y'all. We decided pretty quickly that we wanted to head toward the Dulles area and grab brunch at Eggspectations (it's a delicious spot) before hitting the Sugarloaf Craft Festival at the Dulles Expo Center - so we did just that. After perusing over 300 vendors, we headed home to grill burgers, I took a bubble bath and read and ended the night binge-watching Schitt's Creek

S'mores Pancakes - they were to die for.
Flowers hand carved from wood - just one of the many amazing crafts!
Watson enjoying a peanut butter puppy cannoli from the Sugarloaf Craft Festival.
Relaxing on the couch on Saturday afternoon...
My purchase - a model of Nationals Park, lit to resemble the park in the evenings.
Sunday was an absolutely gorgeous day - the sun was shining, the sky was blue and the temperature hovered somewhere around 68! The pastor rounded out the Born for Greatness sermon series and we had brunch at IJ Cann's after - my french toast was divine! After a wardrobe change and a pup pick-up, we headed to the Arboretum and while nothing is really blooming (still), it was wonderful to be out in nature taking it all in.

Amaretto French Toast - it was fabulous!
Sampling the pond water...
Just enjoying soaking up the sunshine alongside the ephemeral pond.
I call this one: dog & pond.
Sampling some more of that delicious creek water...
A spring pond.
My little man & I. 
Having a conversation on the bench...
After a delicious dinner of pizza (I thought about pizza all day long...ha-ha!) and an episode of The Great British Baking Show, I called it a weekend and hit the bed! 

And just because I feel like you - gentle reader - would be interested in knowing, the forecast for Thursday's Opening Day festivities looks to be an utter delight! I can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment