Saturday, October 22, 2016

Six on Saturday

So - I kind of missed Five on Friday - oops! Forgive me for that one, will you? I can't honestly say I was swamped at work on Friday, but every time I opened up a page to write yesterday...nothing came. So I'll try to make up for it by posting Six on Saturday. It's the least I can do, right?

One. Nationals Baseball - Which I'm woefully behind on posting about...woe being the key word in this sentence. Sadly, the Nationals fell to the Dodgers in game five of the NLCS...at home, no less. So there was certainly plenty of woe this past week in accepting that the 2016 season has ended...and not so much the way anyone who calls themselves a Nationals fan would have wished. However, 2016 was a great season to be a Nationals fan and so now I'm waiting for bits and pieces of off season news and counting down the days until Opening Day 2017 - there are 163 if you were curious. Ha!

Image result for nationals baseball 2016

Two. Thirty -One - Perhaps you've heard of the stuff? I'm not actually referencing an age here...it's a line of handbags, jewelry, canvases and pillows that you can personalize. Now, I'm not exactly in the market for any jewelry or handbags but I do need some storage totes and it just so happens my Mom is having a party today. So - I'll be doing a little shopping this afternoon!

Three. Movies - There are so many coming out in the next few weeks that I cannot wait to see! I just saw Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children last weekend and I'll be seeing The Girl on the Train this Monday. I absolutely cannot wait for November - Dr. Strange comes out on the 4th and honestly, I would watch Benedict Cumberbatch read a letter...oh wait...that's actually a thing. And then on November 18th Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them comes out...and well, I can't wait for that either! I just love going to the movies!

doctor-strange-poster mv5bmjmxotm1oti4mv5bml5banbnxkftztgwode5otyxmdi-_v1_uy1200_cr9006301200_al_

Four. Curtains...& Things - You know...related to the home? I'm finally getting things mostly together in my new little place. Perhaps in the coming weeks I'll share some pictures...a virtual tour of sorts. I finally got my second set of curtains hung literally about thirty minutes ago and I love them! There isn't much else to do for things to be complete, just some tweaking and tuning here and there!

fullsizerender

Five. Fall Colors - I think they are finally starting to show up! I plan to join my family for a little drive into the Shenandoah National Park tomorrow afternoon to see how things are coming along a little higher up, but here in the valley there are reds, yellows, oranges and purples popping up all over the place! I love Fall for so many reasons but the gorgeous fall colors have to be at the top of my list! I hope we are in for a show tomorrow - I can't wait!

242

Okay - I'm just kidding. It's actually just Five on Saturday...but Six on Saturday rolled off the tongue so much better, didn't it? Oh well...I tried, ha-ha! Until the next time, I hope you're enjoying your weekend and especially your Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment