Monday, October 3, 2016

Cloudy Skies & Pop Flys

Another week has come and gone - and October is upon us! The past week was the epitome of dreary and melancholy; the weather that is, not so much myself! The rain and gray skies arrived late on Tuesday night and just hung around throughout the entire week and weekend. Thus - I can present you with three pictures from the past week, ha-ha!

Some days I can think gray skies and mist look quite appealing but that just wasn't the case this week at all. The sky was the color of gun metal and everything was covered in a fine dusting of dew that didn't really get things quite so "wet" but nothing was dry. If that makes any sense at all. I just didn't feel the urge to photograph the damp and dismal and document it all.

img_4076

The week was largely uneventful - although I did spend some time late Tuesday afternoon getting my "hair did" with my sweet friend and hair stylist extraordinaire Melissa. She always makes my hair look 1,000 times better than it actually looks in real life and I can never replicate anything she does when she styles it...oops! I just don't have those skills...but Lord knows I try. I love my trimmed up and darkened up hair and think it will work just wonderfully for these next few months of Autumn. Who knows what I'll decide to do once Winter arrives?

I was an absolute bum over (most) of the weekend. I had my pajamas on by 6:00 on Friday night and I'm not even ashamed. I snuggled myself onto the couch, ate some chili for supper and watched the Nationals game with my pup. I slept in on Saturday and then just puttered around the house all day: I unpacked some things, adjusted some furniture, hung some things on the wall...I even made a quick Wal-Mart run, but when the weather looks like poop and it's drizzling...well the best choice is too obviously hunker down for the day and have a Sherlock season two marathon. So I did. And I regret nothing.

img_4110

Sunday; well Sunday was a full day, but oh it was a good day too. I got up around 8:00 and after my customary two cups of coffee, I got myself dressed and ready to head into DC for the final Nationals game of the regular season. You see...my 32nd birthday is rapidly approaching and I requested for my birthday to attend this game. I requested this way back in...oh I don't know...June? October 2nd also happens to be my parent's anniversary and they so lovingly decided that they'd enjoy going to a Nationals game with me as part of my celebration. I really won the parent lottery - no doubt about it.

After an eventful Metro ride where a rather awkward (but kind) little old man (and Redskins fan) chattered my ear off about everything from the miraculous existence of Cleveland Browns fans to the way to update a manual watch (you just have to wind it, didn't you know?) and as I exited to switch trains he called out "I hope they put another Curly W in the book!" I thanked him and caught my train, musing over the strange little man's ramblings...


I strolled from the Metro over to Yards Park where I met my parents at Ice Cream Jubilee to have dessert first; because, why not? I had some of the most delicious Cold Brew Coffee ice cream and slurped up every last drop as we walked along the river toward Nationals Park. After having lunch at the Brewhouse and perusing the Team Store for goodies that had "2016 NL East Champions" plastered on them; it was time to take our seats and watch some baseball.

I got some of our seatmates to snag a photo of my parents standing on either side of me...it seemed appropriate that since they were celebrating their 34th anniversary, we should snap a picture with my Harper jersey. The Nationals ended the regular season with a Curly W and you can bet I've got plenty of pictures for another post...and when the game ended, they tossed t-shirts, socks, jersey, beer koozies...everything Nationals into the stands for people to catch! We left the game with two t-shirts and a pair of socks; not a bad haul, and all courtesy of my Dad's being able to snag them out of the air!

So - a short and sweet little post I suppose. The past week and weekend feel that way though; short but sweet. And so, I'll leave you for today and perhaps be back tomorrow with some more baseball pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment