Monday, April 1, 2024

Easter Weekend

Well friends - we are in April! I cannot believe the second quarter of this year is already on it's way! Usually I find that January through March seem like a long, slow slog... but I feel like I have blinked and here we are in April! 

We spent our final weekend in March doing spending plenty of time outside; the weather was gorgeous and almost spring-like (finally). Friday night after a dinner at the Front Royal Moose Lodge; where we kept one another cracking up, we did a grocery run at Wal-Mart and my sweet husband persuaded me to get a book... and also snuck some flowers into the cart. *swoon*


Saturday was a day spent running all over the place, all day long - seriously! It was a wonderful day but it was a hectic day, goodness! We went to look at a house around 10 AM (it was lovely - but not for us) and then home again... then I met my sweet friend Meridith for a late lunch and some time catching up... and then Ryan and I headed to our church to volunteer for the Saturday afternoon Easter service.

We were put in charge of the iced coffee bar, making Vanilla Chickachinos and Cottontail Caramel Delights - someone else came up with those clever names! We helped get things ready for the Sunday services and then headed home to have a pizza and watch the move Tombstone - it was my first watch.


Sunday morning was Easter Sunday - what a blessing to serve a risen Savior who thought that I was worth saving; hallelujah! We had our perfect Easter outfits picked out and I think we clean up quite well, if I do say so myself! We had to include Ryan's new Lexus in the pictures; we were blessed to be able to pick him up a new vehicle last week and he has been in heaven cruising around in that car! 


Our church service was beautiful and powerful - we are blessed with our church and church family and thoroughly enjoyed our worship time. Since the weather was so lovely on Sunday, after a quick peek at a house in WV - we headed home, changed clothes, packed picnic lunches and headed to the Virginia State Arboretum. Everything has really started to burst into bloom in the last week and it was absolutely stunning everywhere we looked! 


As you can see - Ryan brought his favorite Easter treat with him to the Arboretum for his snack!



The flowers were in bloom everywhere - so please enjoy all the pictures I (we) took as we wandered all over the Arboretum. It was such a gorgeous afternoon!







We finished our time at the Arboretum by spreading out a blanket and some chairs, pulling out some books and doing a little reading. The bees were humming in the tree above us and it was almost enough to lull you to sleep, ha-ha! Around 4:00 it started to look like some rain was going to roll into the area, so we packed it in and headed home - I finished a book, Ryan ran a quick errand and then we whipped up our Easter feast for dinner! 



We had brown sugar baked ham, scalloped potatoes and green bean casserole for our feast - and it was all delicious! After dinner, we ate some Easter candy, just relaxed and headed to bed pretty early, as we always do! It was a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment