Thursday, April 11, 2024

April - Lately

Well - here we are on a rainy Thursday in April - it has been a very rainy April so far, so I am expecting the April showers to cause the world to burst forth with an overabundance of May flowers! I know; that's probably not how that works, but a girl can dream! I do feel like the rain has been a little excessive so far this April... we are eleven days in and we've had rain seven of the eleven days!


Last Friday - the first day in April (the 5th) that didn't start with rain; I joined my co-workers in placing pinwheels across the front lawn of the DSS office, acknowledging that April is Child Abuse Awareness Month. The pinwheel is meant to symbolize the carefree childhood that sweet kiddos are meant to experience - the thought that so many kids don't experience that really tugs at my heart. The prolific rainfall made the ground nice and soft, the the pinwheels were easy to plant... and then shortly after noon - they were "watered" when the rain showed up for the fifth day in a row. *face palm*

Saturday I spent a large chunk of the day at Brookside Church for their annual women's conference - which is always a wonderful time! My sweet friend Meridith (who I didn't get a picture with) attends Brookside, as do some of my Mom's sweet friends (who I did get pictures with). They had a gorgeous breakfast spread and of course, all the coffee a woman could drink! 




The speaker was great and she spoke on prayer, which I really enjoyed. My luck at the women's conference continued and I won one of the five gift baskets - my basket was watermelon themed and filled with so many wonderful goodies, including lip balm, hand towels, a watermelon knife and so much more! We had a pretty chill Saturday evening; Ryan cooked dinner and we watched another Pixar movie: Friday night we watched Inside Out and Saturday night we watched Onward. I don't know that Ryan really enjoyed either... ha-ha!

Sunday was - an interesting day - we shall leave it at that. It's a story for another time, perhaps that's a good way to put it! Monday was the much anticipated solar eclipse and thankfully, some co-workers had procured eclipse glasses, so we were both able to see the eclipse! It reached 90.2% totality here in our area, so it was quite interesting to see witness! I was driving for a portion of it - but still managed to get a couple pictures! 




I can't believe that we have already made it to Thursday - this week (and so far this month) seems to speeding along! The rain has indeed caused many things to become very green and in bloom; the trees outside my office are coming alive and I couldn't resist snapping a picture of them earlier today as I walked into the office. Soon all the trees will be green and glorious! 



I leave you now with - a little Jesus. Ryan was given this little guy at his recent trip to the barber and he said his barber (who is an excellent speaker in his own right too) told him to take one, because we all need "a little Jesus". So true! So true! However, I think I may end up having too much fun with my little Jesus and moving him all over my office. Y'all have a wonderful rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment