Friday, October 13, 2023

Friday Favorites - Friday the 13th


It's Friday the 13th ya'll - can you believe it? Mostly because that means we are almost halfway through the month of October! It's flying by ya'll! This weekend looks to be a lovely Autumn weekend, and these are just a few of my favorite things on this lovely Friday! 

One. Duck Donuts - A Duck Donuts opened right down the sidewalk from my office about two months ago and every once in a while, the girls at my office will split a box and do taste testings! We slice up the donuts and each take bites, sampling each one and giving them scores on a scale from 1 to 5!


Today only, our local spot had something called the Butcher Box... because it's Friday the 13th! The donuts had It, Jason Voorhes, Chucky, Freddy Krueger, Ghostface and Michael Meyers, all gracing their very own specialty donuts! The donuts were delicious, although incredibly sweet because of all the icing and fondant decorations! 

Two. Luckett's Fall Market - I'm so excited to share that I have a ticket to the Luckett's Store Fall Market tomorrow! Luckett's puts on a huge outdoor market every Spring and again in the Fall and I've always been interested in attending, so when my friend Meridith suggested we check it out as a birthday celebration - I jumped at the chance!



The market hosts 200 vendors that are classified as "vintage hip" and the market is filled with items that will make a home just perfect... or so the website says! The market is in it's 25th year and opened today with early bird tickets; we will just be using regular tickets and I don't have plans to buy anything. I just can't wait to see it all!

Three. The Medicine Ball - I am battling a head cold (boooo) and my little sister piped up yesterday and told me I needed to pop by Starbucks and get myself a Medicine Ball! I've never had a medicine ball until this morning but man - it's on my list now, not just for when I'm feeling under the weather!


The Medicine Ball is - as you can see above - a mix of hot lemonade, two teas and some honey and it is so delicious and soothing! The mint is not overpowering, the hot lemonade is just right and the peach adds a little something extra that is just perfect. It was really nice to sip on this morning and I'll definitely be getting it again in the future! 

*********************************************

That's all I've got this weekend y'all! I'm looking forward to laying low this evening, sipping some chicken noodle soup and watching a movie with my hubby. Saturday will be a full day, so I'm hoping that I feel ever better tomorrow and Sunday will surely be a day of rest for us - I'm so looking forward to it all. Y'all have a wonderful weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment