Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Sunburnt and Sassy

The weekend passed like a whirlwind guys - I cannot believe it's already Tuesday! I had a pretty full schedule for the weekend and so I think that's why it flew by so quickly! Time flies when you're having fun - and this weekend was fun!  

The perks of living in a small town mean that Ryan and I were able to walk to Woodstock Brewhouse on Friday night for dinner! The weather was really lovely, so we walked down and had our dinner and contemplated walking to the ice cream place as well - but discovered at 7:59 that they close at 8:00 because they are still on Spring hours! So we just ended up walking on home - it was a lovely evening with or without ice cream!


Saturday I was up with the sunrise (shortly before 7) to attend a women's conference at my dear friend's church. I cracked up while having my coffee because Luna was using my Bible as her pillow - I told Ryan she was meditating on the Word of the Lord. :) 


The conference was a really wonderful experience - the speaker was excellent and I really enjoyed being able to spend the day with my friend, worshipping and listening to the Word together! The blessing of Godly friends in my life is hard to express but it is wonderful to share faith with someone you can also share your laughter and tears with as well! To my great surprise - I also won three door prizes: a pair of earrings, a flower and one of the five gift baskets! What a day!

 


Ryan and I had a quiet evening in on Saturday night - Ryan cooked burgers, we started doing some laundry and tried to watch a movie but it didn't quite ever hook us. We ended up calling it a night pretty early since we had big plans on Sunday!

Ryan's graduation gift from me was tickets to a DC Defenders football game! The DC Defenders are Washington DC's XFL team and they have been the best team in the newly created eight team league! The XFL season has ten games and this was the ninth of the season and the final home game. When all was said and done, the Defenders ended the game with an 8-1 record and their ticket punched to the first round of the playoffs with home field advantage!

 


The game is played similar to football but has some differences in game play - a lot of the rules are a little more similar to NCAA college football - and the extra point rule is where things are really unique! Once you score a touchdown, you can choose to go for one extra point (from 2 yards), two extra points (from 5 yards) or three extra points (from 10 yards). The games are televised and the game we attended on Sunday was a sold out crowd!




The one important thing I forgot where the game is concerned - I forgot to put on sunscreen and once the game ended, I was feeling a little warm! Sure enough, my pale self was a bright DC Defenders red once we got home - not a color you typically want your skin to be! Thank goodness for Aloe Vera! 



Sunday evening was pretty laid back as well - we had a quick dinner and got ready for the work week ahead. Luna was exhausted... even though she'd been asleep most of the day anyway, ha-ha! It was such a great weekend but man did it pass way too quickly! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment