Monday, March 13, 2023

Well. It Snowed.

As you might have guessed from the title - it snowed this weekend - but that wasn't until Sunday afternoon, so I suppose I'm getting ahead of myself. As usual. Another wonderful weekend is in the books and I am already looking forward to the next one - weekends are just the best!

Friday - as soon as I left work, I headed to the George Washington Hotel with my Mom for a long overdue massage. The massage itself was really wonderful - even if we did have to move rooms mid-massage - that's a tale for another day! Once we finished our massages, we spent some time in the hot tub and then had quite the voyage to my house and finally were able to have dinner at Spring House Tavern around 8:30. Thank goodness - I was starving! 
 

I must confess that I was asleep before 10:30 on Friday night - waking up at 5:15 during the week will make you worn out by the time Friday evening arrives, ha-ha! That also means that sleeping late for me on Saturday might mean I sleep till 7 AM, which was what happened on Saturday - but thankfully we (my Mom and I) just sat around the house taking things slow for a little while! Our first stop on Saturday morning was Flour and Water for a spectacular breakfast - and it did not disappoint! 


I have to confess that I've never once had anything at Flour and Water that hasn't been incredible - and Saturday morning was no exception. I had the Mint Chip Cold Brew and Banana Bread Pancakes; my Mom got the Pain Suisse and we grabbed the Homemade Pop Tart of the month - Blueberry! We didn't actually eat the pop tart while we were at breakfast because we were stuffed, but we saved it for an afternoon snack and it was divine! 




Following our fabulous breakfast and a quick stop at my house to put some Amazon packages in the house - we were off to do some shopping! I needed a dress for my husband's upcoming graduation and we wanted to explore some Spring open houses at some of our favorite spots! And you might look at these pictures and think that it was a lovely Spring day (and it was) but it was only about 40 degrees and incredibly windy - eek! Appearances can be deceiving but I must say - it was still a lovely day, until around 3:30...




We had a little snack break at my parent's house and then headed to my Mom's neighbor/our friend's house for a Noonday Event - it was nice to catch up with some people, learn more about some wonderful Noonday items and even get a chance to hold a hamster! Did your Saturday include a hamster? Mine did and for the brief moments I got to hold it, it was great! Rest assured - the kiddo it belonged to seemed concerned that I might not be able to properly handle the little fella, so I relinquished the wee fuzzball back to his mom. 



The evening was rounded out with dinner and music at Box Office Brewery - a friend is a lead singer in a band and they were performing on Saturday night. My husband arrived back from the men's conference he'd been at (with my Dad) and joined us all (there was a whole table of us) before we headed home and both crashed! Sunday was a gray day with a weather forecast that portended snow - which came to fruition shortly after noon - when huge snowflakes started falling from the sky and continued for the rest of the afternoon. As you can see - Ryand and I were thrilled.

 


We used our Sunday afternoon to do some things around our house, get ready for the week ahead and just spend some time chilling. It snowed on and off all afternoon but nothing ever really stuck... however this morning it would seem that it snowed some more overnight, as the trees and fields were lightly dusted with powdery white stuff. It was a good weekend - but I'm fine if we see no more snow until at least November.

1 comment: