Monday, March 27, 2023

Spring has Sprung!

I think that Spring has finally made it's way to our lovely Northern Virginia neck of the woods! This weekend played out different from our plans but I think it might have been better than what we'd had planned - it was such a wonderful weekend!

Friday was a rainy day and the rain extended into Friday night. We did a low key date night on Friday night - we headed to Cracker Barrel to get dinner and then perused Lowe's imagining the things we want to do to our house in the coming months. 

 

I was so thrilled to be able to sleep in on Saturday - I mean, who are we kidding - I'm always thrilled to sleep in! The rain carried over into Saturday morning and so after coffee and breakfast, we did some work in our living room and kitchen (getting things organized now that we have a big dog bed and a Luna) and also taking a break around lunchtime to watch John Wick

The sun came out shortly after lunch and we got ourselves together and headed out for the afternoon! Our first stop was a local consignment store, where I found two dresses and my hubby found a pair of pants and a shirt - we happily purchased our deals and then headed down the street to Sugar Creek Snowy & Sweet to have ice cream! It's both dangerous and delightful that one of the best ice cream spots in the area is right around the corner from our house! 

Our next stop was the bowling alley - and y'all - I may have talked too much smack ahead of time. I didn't realize my husband was basically a bowling league member or something, he whooped me! He was bowling strikes and spares... meanwhile, it took me a while to find my rhythm and I was hitting the gutter! I finally got myself together by the third game and managed to stay ahead for most of the game, but my final frame killed me and my husband was triumphant! 

 

Our final stop (before we went to Wal-Mart... because it always seems like there is something needed at Wal-Mart) was Woodstock Brewhouse for an early dinner! This was our first time trying the Brewhouse but we will definitely be back - the food was great (look at my taco salad) and I had a really tasty Pineapple Cider, while Ryan had a pale ale called Carpetbagger. We chatted and planned and enjoyed our food and then headed to Wal-Mart to grab a few things, before heading back to our house and enjoying a fire in our fire pit!

 


Sunday was an absolutely beautiful day - the sky was blue, the sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in the sky! We took advantage of the great weather and when church was over, we headed to the Third Battle of Winchester to enjoy the walking trails. This was Ryan's first visit - I think he really enjoyed it! I know Luna enjoyed it, look at her smile in the pictures! Also, please note the enormous snapping turtle that we saw - the water in the stream is so clear and the turtle was just under the water, hanging out!





When all was said and done - we got in three miles of walking along the trails, saw some lovely Spring blooms and plenty of wildlife (maybe those are Shire horses?) on our adventure. My Dad met us for the walk and he snapped the pictures of Ryan, Luna and I - which turned out so good! I'm so glad we were able to spend time outdoors and I am looking forward to more Spring and Summer adventures!






The weather was so wonderful on Sunday, so we ended up letting Luna live her best life and poke her head out of the windows in the breeze on the way home! We sat out in our backyard for a little bit reading, started getting ourselves ready for the work week (a shortened one for us) and preparing for our four day weekend trip to the Nashville area. 

I cannot believe this was the final weekend in March - where has the time gone? I feel like March only just started and now it's about to be in the rear view! Y'all enjoy each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment