Monday, June 13, 2022

Weekend Catch-Up

Another weekend come and gone in a blink – goodness but time is flying! Can you believe we are already to mid-June? I know I can’t! I have been here and there with the blog lately, but here I am - ha-ha! Life has been fun lately - but then again, I usually can't complain too much about my life in general. I'm blessed. 

 

While not weekend related, I had to share the gorgeous cookies that my friend & Bible study group member Jillian made for our get together on Wednesday night! Aren’t they beautiful?!? And you know what else? She’s making cookies for Ryan and I’s wedding – I can’t wait to see them! I know they’ll be beautiful and they’ll taste amazing!

Friday afternoon I got off work early – which was such a nice surprise – and I headed to Ryan and I’s house to just chill for a couple hours until Ryan came home from work. We had dinner at our local Italian restaurant and while the salad left something to be desired, the rest of the food was pretty tasty. I especially enjoyed my Baked Ziti! Then we perused Lowe’s looking for and calculating fence costs and bought a white board calendar (or two) from Wal-Mart to get our lives together, ha-ha!

Saturday morning, I was up by eight – but man I could have kept sleeping – but Watson had a vet appointment and I had things to do before I left the house to take him! Watson raced around like a wild man all morning while I was getting ready and having my coffee – but once he was in the car and knew he was going to the vet, his whole attitude changed! Silly pup!

Blessedly, besides a weight loss of two pounds and a raging bladder infection, he was given a clean bill of health! They told me his heart sounded strong and besides old age, he was a healthy little fella! So we headed home to begin taking antibiotics and have a little lunch before running to Target with my Mom.

 

After the Target run, I met up with Ryan to go to a graduation party that some family friends hosted for their son and then we headed to my parents to chill a little bit and then – the Family Drive-In! This was my second time at a drive-in movie, and I feel like this experience was a little better than the first. The drive-in movies have a nostalgic feeling to it, but the sound isn’t always the best. We saw Jurassic World: Dominion and while it was entertaining – it was not my favorite of the Jurassic series. It was fun to sit in the bed of the truck and watch the movie unfold under the stars though!


Sunday after church, Ryan and I headed to Crabby Maggie’s to have some seafood for lunch and then drove through the country back home. The weather was really nice and so we sat outside to work on our calendars and planning boards and then my parents joined us for a trip to Lowe’s to look at fencing options yet again. Can you tell we have plans to fence something? It’s the backyard – we are planning to fence the backyard, ha-ha! I treated everyone to some Starbucks afterwards (because I have gift cards for days – lest you think I’m too kind) and we headed back to my parents' house.

Ryan and I were getting ready to watch The Chosen and he noticed a teeny bunny trapped in the windowsill of the basement, so we all ended up outside for rabbit rescue! The little guy (or gal) scampered away and ended finding his brother (or sister) under my parent’s rose bush – and I couldn’t resist snapping a picture before we left them in peace. They’re cute – but they will eat up all your plants! 




My parents decided to grab some sausage and hot dogs to grill for dinner and so we all sat around on the back deck, eating fruit and grilled dogs and chips, chatting about life in general and then Ryan helped my Dad with some yard projects for a bit. All too soon I found myself watching “how-to” videos on fencing and then it was time for bed. How did the weekend pass so quickly?

At least I've secured myself two three day weekends over the next two weeks... and the Fourth of July is right around the corner! Y'all have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment