Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Tuesday Tails/Tales

Almost every one of these photos feature Watson - so I figured it was alright to recap my weekend and my pup all in the same post! The weekend passed - as usual - much too quickly. *sigh* Watson came to the office with me on Friday as he's been having some bladder issues and so I felt it was best to have him with me for the day. He was a champ and did an excellent job hanging at the office for the day.

 

We were able to leave work on Friday at 3 as opposed to our usual closing time of 5 and I suppose working hard all day had really worn Watson out. He snuggled onto his blanket in the car and slowly slid down the seat until he was fully stretched out and snoozing - sleepy little guy! I almost said we had a lazy Friday night but I was overcome with a desire to clean and ended up sweeping, mopping, cleaning the bathrooms and just doing an overall general straightening of the whole house. I was worn out when I finished, so Watson and I spent the rest of the night taking short walks, eating some macaroni and cheese and finishing the first half of season four of Stranger Things.

 

Saturday the latest I could sleep was about 8 - between needing to take the puppy out and just not being able to sleep that late anymore. #oldpeopleproblems, I suppose. Ryan and I had breakfast and chilled a little bit before running to Wal-Mart to grab groceries for the upcoming week and some new planters for our bonsai trees. My Mom and our friend Joyce stopped by the house around lunchtime to visit for a bit and around 2:00 we headed into town to peruse the mall and see Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

Let me tell y'all - that was an ODD movie. I think Ryan and I made it about an hour into it before we were poking fun at it, whoops! It was just a little bit too much and honestly will end up falling near the bottom of my Marvel movies list. *sigh* The rest of our Saturday was spent cooking a pizza and being chill!

Sunday morning we went to Brookside Church and really enjoyed the sermon and church experience. We joined my Mom and our friend Joyce for lunch at West Oaks Farm Market - one of my favorite spots in the area! The food is delicious and the market has so many wonderful things to shop for: produce, meat, cheese, fresh-baked desserts, unique drinks and much more. They also have pick your own strawberries/apples when they are in season - it's a great little spot! 

Ryan and I popped by an animal shelter to peek at the puppies and then headed home to do some meal planning, cooking for the week ahead and just getting everything together for the work week. Ryan cooked some delicious drumsticks for dinner and my Mom came over to eat with us. After dinner, she treated us to ice cream at Sugar Creek Snowy & Sweet - some of the best ice cream ever and located right in Ryan and I's new home town! It was a nice cap to the weekend and the ice cream flight (that I split with my Mom) is always so yummy!


I can't believe the weekend is already over - I am counting down the days to the next one, ha-ha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment