Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Wedding Wednesday - Cater to Me!

It's Wednesday and you know what that means - I'm back with another post all about planning our wedding! This one is a good one y'all, because it's all about the delicious foods!  


As with so many wedding related things - we asked our friend Brooke Lull (also our photographer) if she had any recommendations and I also perused The Knot. We'd looked into two options: Love at First Bite Catering and Classic Catering - and while discussions were ongoing with both, we were able to attend a tasting at Classic Catering in September and we were absolutely blown away! 

We arrived to a very unsuspecting block of warehouses and went in - to be greeted with a beautifully laid out table and champagne! We met with the owner Deborah and she was so warm, inviting and able to answer every question we had for her - and then she started bringing out dishes based on the potential menu we'd discussed and I was again floored at how wonderful everything was!

 


We started with a beautiful charcuterie board and crudité display - everything was fresh, yummy and flavorful and it was all beautifully presented. The hors d'ouevre that will be passed while final wedding pictures were amazing: chicken and waffles bites, stuffed mushrooms and my personal favorite, tomato bisque in teeny mason jars with a miniature grilled cheese skewered on the top! I'm not much for mushrooms but Ryan loves them - so I tasted them - and they were actually quite delicious! 



 

 

We sampled turkey sandwiches and ham sandwiches and other wee sandwiches that I can't even remember, ha-ha - they were all so tasty! We also sampled mini sliders, shrimp skewers, steak skewers and chicken skewers and in short - we were stuffed when all was said and done. We were even more impressed when they told us they offered a military discount and floored when we were told that they owned not just the one warehouse we were sitting in but the three behind it - holy cannoli! 

And how can I forget - the macaroni and cheese in martini glasses that will be served as part of a macaron and cheese bar? It was so good my Dad even ate a glass of it, and I don't know that I've ever seen him eat macaroni and cheese in his life! I even made sure to get photographic evidence. 


 

I think one thing that stood out to me was that since Ryan was unable to attend the tasting (due to work) they boxed up an entire bag full of the goodies for me to take to him - that truly was so kind of them and I loved knowing Ryan would get to sample every thing. Ryan ate his bag full of goodies for two or three days and once he was finished, he agreed that everything was delicious. 


The stunning presentation, the delicious food and the wonderful owner made it easy for us to go with Classic Catering for our wedding and I absolutely cannot wait to see everything arranged and displayed for the wedding in just a few months! It's going to be spectacularly delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment