Thursday, May 12, 2022

Thursday Things

I know - it's Thursday and not Friday - but here we are. And why is that? Because I'm headed on vacation as of tomorrow and so I'm popping in to say "hello" and let you know I'll be out for a wee bit as I enjoy my vacation!

 

The Best Shoes - I wore two new pair of shoes this week and let me tell you, I love them both! I snagged the cutest white sneakers with a rainbow sole from the Burke's Outlet near Ryan and I's house and I am so glad I grabbed them! I went back and forth between the white pair and the black pair and finally went with white. Ryan says white sneakers always look "fresh". I'm pretty sure Ryan was much cooler than me growing up... and he might still be cooler than me, ha-ha!


I also finally got my hands on a pair of Steve Madden Newbie sandals and let me tell you - no picture can do these sandals justice! They are absolutely covered in bling and if you wear them on a sunny day, they might be described as blinding! I love them - it seems like so many things are sparkly and bling-y in this season of my life and I'm loving it!

Painting or What - Before you lecture me, I've already deleted the app! I couldn't resist hopping on the bandwagon to try out the new Profile Pic app and I love the pictures it generated... but then a couple people (including my Mom) informed me that maybe it was some kind of Russian shenanigan app, so I deleted it!



However - I couldn't resist sharing the pictures that it generated because they are just the best! I'm so glad I had a quick opportunity to fiddle with it before giving it the boot!

Reunited - My little sister is flying into the States tonight! I haven't seen her since July of last year when we celebrated the Fourth of July in rowdy colonial fashion, smack dab in the middle of her English garden!


She will also be meeting my sweet Ryan for the first time - so I can't wait for them to become pals and have a grand time together...even if that means they might end up making fun of me together!

Out of Office - When I walk out of the office today at 5:00, I'm flipping on the "out of office" sign and I won't be back at work until Monday, May 23rd! We are headed to Mississippi for the weekend - the church that I grew up in is so sweetly throwing me a bridal shower and so we will also catch up with friends and family while we are in town!



And then - as we head back, we are stopping off in Tennessee in one of our favorite places - the Smokey Mountains! It has been ages since Lindsey has been able to visit this family favorite spot where we used to vacation annually and we introduced Ryan to this spot last year - I think it's safe to say we're all looking forward to spending some time there!

And lastly - once we get back to Virginia, I'll have four more days of free of work to spend time with my family and I am very much looking forward to that! So, I'll check back in with y'all once all my vacation is over and done! I mean - I might pop in while on vacation - but I might not! Y'all be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment