Friday, May 6, 2022

Friday Favorites

The first weekend of May and it's supposed to rain all weekend. *sigh* I thought April showers brought May flowers... have the two traded places this year? Regardless of the weather, I am so glad it's the weekend and it looks to be a good one.


Knockout Rose - Look at our beautiful rose bush! I'm no green thumb but my friends at work assure me that this is a knockout rose... and they know a little more about plants than I do! When we first toured out townhome, this little bush was overgrown and looked pretty sad - and granted, it was December so it wasn't exactly the right time for roses to be in bloom.


In February, Ryan and Doc (his Mom's BF) trimmed and pruned the bush back to a very small little clump of twigs and they assured me it would be fine. And guess what - I was blown away when I visited the house most recently to see the beautiful rose bush just growing and coming alive! I can't wait to see it in bloom and you can bet I'll share it here! 

Weekend Plans - Ryan will be at work this evening and my parents will be passing through Woodstock on the way home from seeing friends, so we are going to finally check out Woodstock Café, which I have heard so much about and I've been anxious to check out! The café gets rave reviews and it's a favorite of some of our friends! We will be eating there tonight and then hanging some new kitchen storage at the house!


Saturday, Ryan and I had planned to hike Lake Frederick but it's supposed to rain all day long... so we will have to postpone that for now. So, I may end up trying to sleep in a bit and then Ryan and I will find something to do together! Saturday afternoon I'm picking up my Mom and taking her for her Mother's Day treat(s): a pedicure and massage! I'm not sure what the evening will hold - but I'm sure Ryan and I can figure out something to do! 


Sunday is Mother's Day and after church, we are going to Flour & Water Co. - a bakery in Woodstock - to have Afternoon Tea for Mother's Day. It was something my Mom requested and since it's the day all about Mom's... to tea we shall go! I must admit that I'm thrilled to finally try Flour & Water too; their pictures on Facebook always make me drool! I'll spend Sunday evening helping Ryan pack for our upcoming trip and I'll probably start making my packing list too!

Happy Mother's Day - My sweet Momma is truly the best there is! She listens to me... whether I'm venting or sharing secrets and if I've lost something, she will probably be the one to find it! She has encouraged me, protected me, guided me and pushed me to venture forward in things I'd like never have done. And now - we are planning my wedding together and as always, she is the rock that holds everything together and keeps the panic that could come at bay. I am so unbelievably thankful she is MY Momma.


And this Mother's Day - I have a Mother in Law to be and she is wonderful too! I have heard so many stories about terrible interactions with Mother in Law(s) and I am so blessed that hasn't been my experience. My soon to be MIL is loving, kind, encouraging and wonderful. She is a joy to be around and most importantly - she raised the man I love with all my heart. 


To anyone who is a Mother - I hope you have a wonderful day and it's exactly what you wish for. Mother's truly are the glue that holds a family together and I have been blessed in my life over and over again... I had two wonderful grandmothers who loved me dearly, a wonderful mother who is the rock of our family and a delightful MIL to be who is a blessing to me! I am blessed to know that when/if I am blessed to be a mother, I will have (and have had) such wonderful women to guide me.

************************************************

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and if you're a Mother - a very special Mother's Day indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment