Monday, May 9, 2022

Let's Begin with Dinner Rolls.

I suppose you may look at this and wonder - why did you lead off with dinner rolls and why did you make the picture so big? Well those are Parker House Rolls and they were absolutely divine and I've never met a carb I didn't like... but that's a problem for another time. I could have also called this post the Woodstock Weekend because quite a bit of time was spent in Woodstock this weekend - and it was great!

My parents, a family friend and myself ate at Woodstock Café on Friday night - this was my first time here, although everyone else had experience their great food! We started with the Parker House Rolls and I chose to try the Spinach Ricotta Ravioli and finish up with the Cotton Candy Cake! Everything was delicious - and I sampled the special for the night which was a house made Rigatoni with Yellow Tomato Sauce and house-made Pork Sausage. It was divine!

 

 

I'm thrilled that this spot is so close to Ryan and I's new home - they also have breakfast with coffee(s) and a detailed lunch menu! On top of all the divine food, they have the cutest shop called The Pantry that is filled with perfect gifting options and I cannot wait to explore the little shop more! It rained almost all weekend long and I snapped the picture of the little snail when we came home on Friday night... I showed the house to our family friend Joyce and then ended up watching a couple episodes of Our Flag Means Death on HBO before crashing!

Saturday morning dawned cold and rainy and I woke up with a terrible headache! The first few hours of Saturday morning were pretty much a blur of taking pain meds, trying to shower to help my headache go away and ending up laid out on the couch with my head in Ryan's lap waiting for the pain meds to kick in! Thankfully the pain meds kicked in and Ryan and I headed to the Shenandoah County Animal Shelter to look at pups - and we pretty promptly fell in love with a little lady named Oakley. We have some things we need to take care of before we bring home a (second) pup - but it was fun to check out options! 

 

 

We had lunch at Route 11 Café in Woodstock and then ended up heading home before I went to pick up my Mom for her afternoon of pampering for Mother's Day! We got pedicures at Mane Attraction and then got massages at Saumaj Health Spa - it was all wonderful and I'm heading back to Mane Attraction on Tuesday to get my nails done! Yay! I dropped my Mom off at home and then headed back to Ryan and I's for a spaghetti dinner and some TV before calling it a night!  

Sunday morning the rain had finally dissipated but the weather turned cold again (boo)! Ryan and I got ready for church and headed out to meet up with my parents for the second service, before heading back to Woodstock to treat my Mom to Afternoon Tea for Mother's Day! The tea was served at another awesome little spot in Woodstock called Flour & Water Co. - it's a stellar little bakery and I was so glad to finally get a chance to check it out! 




The Afternoon Tea offered a selection of teas, scones with Strawberry Rhubarb Jam, Lemon Curd and Devonshire Cream, a selection of savory sandwiches and sweet treats to end! Everything was so very tasty and now that I've been to Flour & Water Co., I'd love to pop in for a Wednesday night pizza night or grab some of their pastries to share with family and friends! We also popped into an adorable boutique called The Butter Cup and I will 100% have to return to check this spot out because the clothes, jewelry and knick-knacks they offered were adorable and well-priced!




After tea was over, Ryan and I headed back to our house to work on packing him up for our upcoming trip to Mississippi and Tennessee and then decided to pop out to the nearby consignment shop and Burke's Outlet before running to Wal-Mart to grab small toiletries. We found some great things at Burke's and the consignment shop, including some really cute rainbow soled sneakers and the movie 300 on DVD for $2.99! We headed home with our purchases, ate leftover spaghetti for dinner, watched 300 and got the house together before the work week begins!


I cannot believe that May already feels like it's flying by - but I feel like it will continue to feel that way, ha-ha! Monday is almost over and we are headed to Mississippi early Friday morning, starting my ten days of vacation that I am so looking forward to and that are much needed! By the time I'm back in the office, it will be May 23rd and I cannot wrap my head around that! Time flies when you're having fun y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment