Friday, January 28, 2022

Friday Favorites


I thought I'd change things up again this year - I always did Five on Friday and I enjoyed that, but sometimes I didn't have five things to talk about... sometimes I had more than five things to talk about. And while I realize this is my blog and I make the rules - I like to follow them when I make one, ha-ha!

I know - I'm a nut. I'd like to think it's part of my charm... hopefully my fiancé agrees. *shrugs*

I definitely know that my favorites this week (a chunk of them) are all themed along one very specific thing - home items! The first thing that I am loving this week (for the last few weeks actually) is this adorable doormat I got at Wal-Mart - It's perfect for our front door and very true for us, ha-ha! 


It's true for me because I'm not wildly social... but I love my dog. It's true for Ryan because he loves dogs of all shapes and sizes... he also loves people too though, ha-ha! 

The other house thing I am loving is our new kitchen island! It is so awesome and really adds a little something special to our new kitchen/dining room! Ryan couldn't stop talking about having a kitchen island where he could store his dishes, spices and cooking tools and he absolutely loves having it in the center of the kitchen. It is on casters and so it can be wheeled around the kitchen as needed and then locked into place when in use - it's an Amazon find - of course!


Another fabulous favorite this week was a gift from my wonderful friend Meridith! She brought me a beautiful gray sweater with colorful hearts all over it - and y'all, it is perhaps the softest sweater I've ever had in my life! It feels amazing! She said it was a Valentine's gift and I can't wait to wear it and be so cozy! This was another Wal-Mart find and it was on sale for just $10 - can you believe it?


My final favorite is perhaps not what you think it is - I have a chunky knit cardigan laid across my lap in the picture below but I had two different people see the fabric and assume it was a blanket! Crack me up! It's from a Facebook Boutique shop called Laurie B's Boutique! It is so cozy and warm and since the stripes running through it range in colors - you can match it up with so many things!


And I must say - it does keep you toasty when you drape it across your lap while drinking your morning coffee. :)

***************************************************************

I'm glad the weekend is almost here! Ryan and I are planning to go see Redeeming Love on Saturday and I can't wait! Those are the only real concrete plans... besides working on Save the Dates with my Mom on Sunday afternoon! Y'all have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Love your door mat, your island and your cardigan - but wait, I love everything about your home!!

    ReplyDelete